almost finished helmet *update*

Status
Not open for further replies.

murakumo

Jr Member
i wanted to start a new helmet because i didnt really like the old one. well here it is tell me what you guys think. i was working on it all week. im going to try to have it done before halloween. im going to sand it down more later today.

*update* it didnt really turn out good because i rushed through it. im going to make a better one later when i have the time.

[attachment=1240:10_28_07_2114.jpg]
[attachment=1243:10_28_07_2117.jpg]
[attachment=1242:10_28_07_2116.jpg]
[attachment=1241:10_28_07_2115.jpg]
[attachment=1239:10_28_07_2113.jpg]

Sweet!

now yours is looking way better than mine =P

what kind of bondo/glaze thing did you use?

any tips on how to fill some pits?

oh btw, i see you've bondo-ed your visor... you shouldnt do that, now it will be really hard to cut it out

FirePhoenix NL said:
Sweet!

now yours is looking way better than mine =P

what kind of bondo/glaze thing did you use?

any tips on how to fill some pits?
oh btw, i see you've bondo-ed your visor... you shouldnt do that, now it will be really hard to cut it out

oh ive bondo-ed the visor because imma cut out a small peice and put in a plastic with window tint on it thats why im giving it the shape.
this is what i mean
the black part is whut im going to cut out
[attachment=1202:cut.JPG]

im actually using a little bit of bondo to make it harder and spackle ( the stuff you put on walls) to smooth it out :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Murakumo said:
oh ive bondo-ed the visor because imma cut out a small peice and put in a plastic with window tint on it thats why im giving it the shape.
im actually using a little bit of bondo to make it harder and spackle ( the stuff you put on walls) to smooth it out :p

the stuff u put in holes at the walls, is it named spackle? lol I'm only using that =P

I don't know what bondo is like, is it liquid or almost the same thing as spackle?

this stuff
[attachment=1203:10_27_07_1559.jpg]
well bondo is like a harder version of playdo (thats the best way i can explain it )

Looking tight as usual Murakumo ;)
I see you decided to go with the H3 model instead.
Actually wondering about doing that myself, as all the previously added details takes away a lot of bondoing/"spackling"(?), sanding and so on.
Only thing holding me back is the sheer amount of work I've put into the one I'm already making though.
If anything I'm going to finish that one up first, then move on to the H3 model.

Murakumo said:
this stuff
[attachment=1203:10_27_07_1559.jpg]
well bondo is like a harder version of playdo (thats the best way i can explain it )

i'm using this:
DSCN1278.jpg

the way you describe it fits this thing im using tho....

it seems very smooth and abit liquid in the photo but its actually quite though

Using just spakle makes you run the risk of it cracking. The best way to do it is do most with Bondo to build it up then do a layer of glaze to fill in the pits and make it smooth.

Murakumo said:
i just cut the visor. it wasnt really what i expected but im happy with it
[attachment=1204:10_27_07_1844.jpg]
Looks good. I want to do the H3 model too.but on my H2 one i'm almost done sooooo I'll finish it, then maybe start on H3.

hey guys just to let everyone know im almost done. i just got the paint done so im waiting for it to dry right now. ill take pics later. all i need left is the led and visor and maybe some padding on the inside :)

when using bondo do you need to put a resin over the cardstock pep helmet or do you just apply the bondo directly to the paper?

FirePhoenix NL said:
i'm using this:
DSCN1278.jpg

the way you describe it fits this thing im using tho....

it seems very smooth and abit liquid in the photo but its actually quite though

what is that stuff?

If you want a more real looking visor you could try gold carding from hooby lobby, it's just like the gold visor, but the card cant be seen out of so your left with a small visible area, but it adds quality to the helmet.

btw I like your helmet very much, you added lots of detail.

The fact that this helmets visor is curved, it looks like someone stuck a globe in it as a visor instead of a flat motorcycle visor, makes this one look a lot better than the ones the vets did (i.e. spase, adam, DF4L, etc.) Don't get me wrong the vets did an awesome job, but everyone missed out on that small detail.

But then like this where half of the visor is fake and cannot be seen out of, that is also a miss on the detail, I dont think anyone can ever make the right visor, the closest shape may not be the most accurate, but the most accurate may not be the right shape.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back