Aloy Horizon Zero Dawn Bow Build

KellyKell

If any of you follow me on Instagram or on the 405th you know that I recently did an Aloy spear build (Sorry for not having the finished product up yet, I am currently 1000 miles away from it on a job assignment). So while away, I have been working on my Spartan Linda-058 armor and Aloy's sharpshot bow. The bow itself is 3D printed by a good friend of mine and then he shipped it to me where I glued, sanded, bondoed, sanded again, bondoed again, sanded, primed, painted, and added details! Currently it is to the point where I can bring it to cons and do photo shoots, but I do have plans to add springs to certain spots so that when I pull the string the bow flexes. Right now I have the points fixed because I cannot find any proper springs. My friend 3D printed some screws for the attachment points, but all they caused me was 3 days of a headache and multiple failed attempts and breakages of those screws. Sadly some of those screws were stuck soooo tight that I actually had to drill it out. The points are now held together by 3 (or 3.5?) inch bolts so I still get the movement of the parts I want while everything holds together nicely without the risk of those 3D printed screws breaking on me. I hope you guys enjoy it because it was fun for me to do! Aloy is a character I love and I find her to be an inspiring role model. If there are any questions feel free to ask!

bow.jpg

bow2.jpg

bow3.jpg

bow4.jpg

This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.