Alright, some original noobish questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

xandu23914

HEY army of the 405th
I am starting on my first set, and everything has been going smoothly so far.
But I have some noobish questions that I have slowly come across in the past few days.

Question 1.
Since I am using the Robogensis mark VI pepakura blue prints, I have used Xtreme TACTICS 101's scaling methods, and scaled it down to my size, but i added 3 "scale factor points" to add in padding that is going to bed added. Thing is, my forearm piece still looks HUGE. I guess the question is, will it end up working out? or do I have to worry?

Question 2.
Why does the forearm piece have a ending piece that covers up the hole at the bottom? I don't need to put that in do I? or is there a purpose for that?

Question 3. In the Robogensis Mark VI file list on the halo pepakura wiki tutorial, what is the "rerebrace" for? where does it go? Looks to me, that it can actually be ignored.

Thanks everyone. Just a little bit...backwards at times..:)

Alright. Had to look at the files in question (been a while since I had a MKVI open) and here's the answers.

1. Yeah, it looks huge, thats fine. Your right to add the extra space, because adding in the foam along with your undersuit will take it ALL up (almost all). so you will be fine.

2. YES! any and ALL "weird pieces" that dont look like they actually belong, are "support columns". They are there to help the part hold it's shape untill after you have resined it, so that it does not warp under the combined weight of it'self and the wet resin. ALWAYS INCLUDE!!!

3. The "rerebrace" IS a strange piece. all it is, is pretty much the Shoulder/bicep piece, minus the shoulder. for when you want to switch out with other permutations of armour. (At least thats what makes sense to me... could just be a size tester as well lol)

You know the best thing about this art form is trial and error. I think you should just give it a go and see what happens. Trust me, you'll be extremely satisfied when you figure out how to tweak something to fit your needs. If you hit a snag and just can't figure out what to do then send me or anyone else a pm but I know you can get this figured out; can't wait to see your work

Since I am using the Robogensis mark VI pepakura blue prints, I have used Xtreme TACTICS 101's scaling methods, and scaled it down to my size, but i added 3 "scale factor points" to add in padding that is going to bed added.

I'd add to the actual dimensions rather than to the scale factor. The programs scaling formula goes like ModelSize*ScaleFactor=FinalSize, and that means you don't really know how much difference an incrase of one makes here. The only thing that is for certain is: If you had to scale the model down (scale factor below one) and added three points (resulting in a scale factor above three), then you've made the model more than three times larger instead of smaller.

If you want further assistance on scaling these pieces, it would be helpful to know their and your actual sizes. By "size" I don't mean how tall you are, but how long your forearm is. Post a picture with the arm and a ruler on it if you aren't sure.

I looked at ALL of the thing on the help bar thing at it was no help cant you just tell me how to get them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back