Alright, This is how it works around here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a sad indictment on society in general. People expect to have their cake and eat it too. They want the keys to the castle and to then run around with no pants on upsetting the houseguests and at dinner expect to be spoonfed.

Me personally, I'm an info sponge. I read every post I can, look at all the pictures and watch all the clips, especially the orientation video. I've also subscribed to Adam's youtube channel as well as a couple of other Halo armour (yes armoUr, I'm Australian :) armOr for the US contingent, which I admit is most of the rest of the site haha) making channels.

I've been a member of other forums where flame wars and belittling were common occurrences and the mods did what they could. The mods have every right to ban someone. As long as it is fair and in my view, the offender is warned first,. I believe everyone should have the chance to redeem themselves.

My advice, for what it's worth;

1) have the spellcheck ability turned on in your browser and REVIEW your posts first. If you use Firefox (as most right minded people would) then install this add-on.

Install Firefox spell check;

if you use IE then go here.

IE spell check add on;

2) Engage brain before using keyboard.

Don't go tearing your frock and pulling it over your head in an ill begotten tantrum when the rules are clearly and concisely stated and you go and walk all over them in ignorance.

Oh well, I'm new here so that's my obvious "bit" said.

Peace.

Crucible said:
Weren't you banned once before? 'Stig'?

Must be someone different. The mods are quite welcome to check me out.

Surely I'm not the only person in an online forum who uses a Stig avatar.

Last edited by a moderator:
I read this today, while I am still a NOOB, I truly believe that this sticky is very helpful to ALL NOOBS! Being courteous. just plain smart about things, and using some deductive reasoning once in a while - thanks hubby!- can help this forum and its members ALOT! I know there are a lot of threads about everything, but taking just a little time to look at everything and act accordingly can make everyone's efforts so much more fun.

pinkpunkjw said:
I read this today, while I am still a NOOB, I truly believe that this sticky is very helpful to ALL NOOBS! Being courteous. just plain smart about things, and using some deductive reasoning once in a while - thanks hubby!- can help this forum and its members ALOT! I know there are a lot of threads about everything, but taking just a little time to look at everything and act accordingly can make everyone's efforts so much more fun.

It is not only helpful for the new, but also the veterans as well. I know that far too often, the elders of a forum will use their time-in-service as a kind of leverage to exact random acts of maltreatment against the more recent entrants. And while I do believe that due respect should be given from the young to the old, it's always been a two way street as far as I've come to understand it. Of course, I am not calling anyone out. But it is a trend I've seen all over the internet.

Regardless, I respect the context of the topic at hand. I understand it and I obey it. This is not my house and I do not make the rules. So if I want to stay in it, I have to play nice and that is fine by me. I can promise I'm going to slip up every once in a great while but that is part of the reason we have moderators. I rely on them to keep me in line if I get too out of touch with the core integrity of the rules. In turn, the kind of rely on me (or us) to self police ourselves as well. I've been an admin and a mod on many other sites (at this point, who hasn't on the internet) so I can understand the seemingly thankless job they have to perform and the behind-the-scenes work that goes on. It can be a bit grating sometimes when you have people acting ridiculous, ignoring clearly marked stickies with self-explanatory titles, the incessant spoon-feeding of people that need to learn how to read, and the borderline psychotic butchering of the English language by native speakers. (And yes, I know I overuse commas and my general grammar is terrifying. I'm not trying to call the kettle black here).

In short - I understand and I'll do what I can to uphold the rules applied to me and maintain general vigilance over my fellow community members. Not in a vigilante kind of way. But in the way that every basic citizen should be on watch and correct those around them. Not really officious - just friendly. At least, that's what I took away from the opening post.

And yes, I like to write novels. Sorry for anyone that has to drudge through my mile-long post just to hear me say "I got it."

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, its great to see a forum community who isn't afraid to take out the trash. I look foward to becoming apart of this community. :)

I have a dream that one day the trolls and noobs of this site will rise up and live out the true meaning of mature:

develop and work out fully in one's mind; "I need to mature my thoughts"

characteristic of maturity; "mature for her age"

I have a dream that one day on the grey boxes of the 405th forums the former noobs and the former trolls will be able to sit down together at the table of peace and respect.

I have a dream that one day even the hell known as 4chan, a state sweltering with the heat of injustice, sweltering with the heat of oppression, will be transformed into an oasis of freedom and justice.

I have a dream that my avatars will one day live on an internet where they will not be judged by the color of their armor but by the content of their pepping.

I have a dream today.

I have a dream that one day, down in /b/, with its vicious racists, with its leaders having his lips dripping with the words of hatred and raids; one day right there in /random/, people will be able to join hands with others to have interesting and civil conversations.

I have a dream today.

thank you,

P.S. if this offends anyone (due to being a modification of Martin Luthor King Jr.'s I have a dream speech), just ask and i will remove it and replace it with something less inspirational

The biggest newb mistake I've been seeing is people making a thread to introduce themselves without reading the stickies first and posting on the Introduce Yourself thread. o_O;; Is it really that hard to read a few stickies first?

The biggest newb mistake I've been seeing is people making a thread to introduce themselves without reading the stickies first and posting on the Introduce Yourself thread. o_O;; Is it really that hard to read a few stickies first?

First thing I did is read up on everything I could becuase I was new. I might have been the only one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back