Props Altair's Hidden Blade

Status
Not open for further replies.
23Magnum said:
"Patience, all will be revealed over time."

I sort of thought I covered this already, but anyway once I find a scanner I'll post my drawing as soon as possible. Relax guys. It can be done, otherwise I wouldn't be doing it.

-Magnum

don't worry, take your time, i've got other things to work on as well, such as detailing my mc helmet....and homework.

Last edited by a moderator:
ok. so ive got all my drawings and ideas together, i know how im going to do it to, except one part always gets me. i have a small blacksmithing shop, so im going to build most of my stuff there. im going to make it telescopic,only because i want it to extend beyond my longest finger, but not to take up my whole forearm, but havent thought how yet. any ideas? my best is to lock it to a drill press vertically, and drill out the center, since it is going to be metal.

also, any ideas how i can make it not to stab through anything unless its completely out and locked. i am being seriously cautious, but this thing can be an acident about to happen. i want it to simply bounce off anything it hits unless its fully extended. i was kind of thinking a weaker spring but what do you think?

magnum, i trust you know what youre doing, and from the sound of it, it sounds incredibly planned and exectued. cant wait to see it, but regardless, you should make a tutorial, only because this is a highly interesting topic that catches alot of people, and this is something we all are serious about, and should be able to use our own common sense to be as safe as possible, or to not even use a true blade, like some ive seen. but i, as others, probably dont have the experience as you, which is why your building procedures would be aweosome top post to help out as much as possible. though i do support why youre not, it would be huge. but thanks for everything.

Archaengel said:
ok. so ive got all my drawings and ideas together, i know how im going to do it to, except one part always gets me. i have a small blacksmithing shop, so im going to build most of my stuff there. im going to make it telescopic,only because i want it to extend beyond my longest finger, but not to take up my whole forearm, but havent thought how yet. any ideas? my best is to lock it to a drill press vertically, and drill out the center, since it is going to be metal.
also, any ideas how i can make it not to stab through anything unless its completely out and locked. i am being seriously cautious, but this thing can be an acident about to happen. i want it to simply bounce off anything it hits unless its fully extended. i was kind of thinking a weaker spring but what do you think?

magnum, i trust you know what youre doing, and from the sound of it, it sounds incredibly planned and exectued. cant wait to see it, but regardless, you should make a tutorial, only because this is a highly interesting topic that catches alot of people, and this is something we all are serious about, and should be able to use our own common sense to be as safe as possible, or to not even use a true blade, like some ive seen. but i, as others, probably dont have the experience as you, which is why your building procedures would be aweosome top post to help out as much as possible. though i do support why youre not, it would be huge. but thanks for everything.

dull it, and don't have it be able to stab anything, make the locking mechanism pressure sensitive so when enough force is exerted it releases. use this as just a safety precaution.

23Magnum said:
Good for you, maybe I'll check it out sometime.

In the mean time, keep it in your own topic. :mad:

Update - Read First Post

-Magnum
sorry i was hoping it would further inspire you..... :rolleyes

lol i play assanins creed and if u look closely altairs missing a finger wear his blade comes out and thats how he holds it lol

Sorry for the lack of updates people...I've been "studying" AC's game play. While doing so, I can't help but wonder if I'm overlooking something in how this thing really works. The thing is I don't think he does anything to make it retract. I think it does it on it's own. I've sat there just watching the thing extend and retract over and over again trying to see if something he does makes it go back in. I'm almost sure that there's some sort of spring return now, and the photos of him with a closed fist and the blade extended just might mean his fist is holding it out then. Reason I came to this conclusion is when he assassinates someone, his hand is usually bent back away from the blade every single time. There's still some sort of delay on the retract so I'll have to work that out too yet. If you've noticed the same thing, let me know as I could just be seeing things from playing this game so much.

Also, about the game, which I just finished last night, horrible ending. I was extremely disappointed with the writers for this game after the credits rolled. I'm not even sure I want to play a sequel if that's how they keep ending these games.

-Magnum

magnum i think you might be right on that retract. i havent been able to look because i rented it, but i gotta agree, the ending sucked. the best part of the ending was figuring out what all those images everywhere say and mean. you have to have some religious interest in it though.

I've noticed that about the wristblade as well, but, if memory serves, the blade is out longer when you assassinate someone than if you were to just trigger it by tapping up on the d-pad twice, but I'll check it out next time I play.

I'm going to be shutting this topic down soon on this forum and moving it to a more...topic oriented forum.

Check the forums at this site...( www.assassinscreed-maps.com )

User name is the same there as it is here. I'll post a link to the direct thread in the first post, when everything has been transferred over.

Edit: First post changed and project moved. Any questions, please bring them to the new forum.

-Magnum

just thinking what if the ring mechanism unlocked the blade for going in not out

Meaning he would swing it for it to come out and a spring would bring it in when mechanism was activated

good topic... but mario you have unlocked and achevement for 1 year old topic... dont necro post its frowned upon.. please check the date above the last post.. anything over a month old dont revive... anything over 3 months old is over and done with no one really cares about that topic anymore. let it rest in peice.. also please read the rules.. too many of these necro's will be bad.

Achievement.jpg

done.

mariome101 said:
just thinking what if the ring mechanism unlocked the blade for going in not out

Meaning he would swing it for it to come out and a spring would bring it in when mechanism was activated

While it was adding something to the topic this has been dead for a while, since it was moved elsewhere, so I've locked it up.

To everyone else that posted and I really can't stress this enough, if you see someone reviving a dead thread hit the report button:

altairshiddenblade405th.png

And leave the rest to the Mods, makes things much easier :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back