Alternate Foam Material

Status
Not open for further replies.

Running Man

I was wondering if there is any other type of foam that can be used for armor besides EVA and craft foam. I have an idea for a suit but its durability would have to be considerable. Almost like foam rubber. And how could a suit be made from that? Thoughts?

2 part foam? Make a mold of some part of the armor, then use 2 part foam and you would have a very strong armor piece, although it's better suited for weapons because its one of the ways they make weapons in movies.

You also have to take in to account that a 2 part foam rubber item will have much more weight to it. Just out of curiosity, why would you need a more durable suit?

Among other things, so that it wont be torn apart by onlookers. When I've gone out in public (i.e. Halloween (Halo-ween, haha) and various cons), people like to feel and grab at the armor to "see if its real". When that happens, parts crack and sometimes come apart, despite my protests.

Among other things, so that it wont be torn apart by onlookers. When I've gone out in public (i.e. Halloween (Halo-ween, haha) and various cons), people like to feel and grab at the armor to "see if its real". When that happens, parts crack and sometimes come apart, despite my protests.

Just be sure to use a decent amount of hot glue or contact cement, and you should be good with Eva foam! Been to a number of cons with mine, done some photoshoots, and rolled around on the ground, and my suit shows very little signs of wear. Grabby people are the least of my worries!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back