Am I the only person on the 405th that uses a Fein multimaster?

Status
Not open for further replies.

XULUX11

So I've been looking around the forums recently and I see that at least from what I can tell, am the only person who uses this tool, http://v1.fein.de/fein-multimaster/us/en/main/
I got the select plus set a little over a year ago and I swear this thing makes the Dremel look like a toy. The Multimaster vibrates the blade instead of spinning it, so it doesn't kick. Plus it also works a sander. And the sanding capability is what sold me on it. It cuts through fiberglass, bondo, carbon fiber, and even some metal like a hot knife through butter. I just cant stress how much of a good investment this thing is. I'm not affiliated with them in any way but seriously it pains me to see that nobody is using it. Infact its about the only tool I use to build armor. You can get tools similar to it but the quality of the Multimaster in untouchable. Though its not exactly inexpensive For the 350 bucks that it was, its been priceless for me. If you've been using a Dremel forever and are getting sick of it, I would encourage you to invest in one of these.

Cheers, Jones

You know, ive been saving up for a dremel for a while now. All the 405th talks about is the dremel. Then BAM it just hit me today.... I have a fein multimaster. Ive been looking for something to cut the bondod visor and the fibreglass on the inside of my helmet and doubted that a dremel could do it. Now i have something that can cut and sand. Cheers!

I've been using a flex shaft motor(like a dremel) from my old jewelry making days. The beauty of thing is the three foot flexable cord shaft and a foot pedal to control speed. thing is a god send. But, I'm always looking for an excuse to buy a new toy. I think I may just look into this multimaster tool. seems pretty nifty.

Thanks for posting about this. It reminded me we had a Dremel Multimax at work that I can take home and use whenever I want.

I bought the saw attachment and it is working great for cutting through Foam-It 10 that has expanded a bit too far for my needs. It is not going to take the place of my Dremel for the detail stuff or my Proxxon jigsaw for cutting foam but it is awesome for sculpting so far. I bet it will work great when I need to sculpt EVA foam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back