Ammo Counter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullseye

So for a few days I have tried to come up with ways to make the ammo counter and so far I have only come up with cutting a piece of card stock to fit in the slot then Drawing/painting it on that small piece then glue it in place. I have a little bit of drawing experience but after about 50 tries I just can't seem to get it right.

If anyone else has any ideas or even something I could print out that would be a big help.

So for a few days I have tried to come up with ways to make the ammo counter and so far I have only come up with cutting a piece of card stock to fit in the slot then Drawing/painting it on that small piece then glue it in place. I have a little bit of drawing experience but after about 50 tries I just can't seem to get it right.

If anyone else has any ideas or even something I could print out that would be a big help.

You can print the display on a transparency and light it with an led. You'll probably need some plexiglass (or similar material), though, to diffuse the light.

my ammo counter im making(after i make a wep that needs one). my plan is putting a pressure switch behind the trigger(so when its pulled it gives a circuit power.) the circuit will be a simple one. one that each time it is pulled it will go down by 3 numbers. and when a ammo clip is changed it will go back to 60(pressure switch were the ammo pack goes like the trigger). i havent put much more thought into it besides that.

donno how to make the circuit or nething atm. im sure i can. the display would just be a dubble number display from radio shack. i have a general idea how to do it tho.

my ammo counter im making(after i make a wep that needs one). my plan is putting a pressure switch behind the trigger(so when its pulled it gives a circuit power.) the circuit will be a simple one. one that each time it is pulled it will go down by 3 numbers. and when a ammo clip is changed it will go back to 60(pressure switch were the ammo pack goes like the trigger). i havent put much more thought into it besides that.

donno how to make the circuit or nething atm. im sure i can. the display would just be a dubble number display from radio shack. i have a general idea how to do it tho.

Well for the pressure switches what you could do it put a piece of metal on the clip then in the gun and that will complete the circuit when the clip is in the ammo counter is on when its pulled out it turns off then when the clip is put in it will power on and the ammo counter is reset. Just my 2 cent's :)

I use N.O. magnet switches for ammo clip reloading. Easy to install and reliable.

As for the trigger, lever switches work in a pinch. If you want more advanced, look at arcade / video game guns. They use a spring loaded trigger and a roller switch.

trigger.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back