amounts of resin

Status
Not open for further replies.

leap 0f fa1th

how mant layers of resin should you put on the outside ive heard 3 to 5 and fiberglass on the inside but i wasnt sure awnsers would be greatly appreciated

how mant layers of resin should you put on the outside ive heard 3 to 5 and fiberglass on the inside but i wasnt sure awnsers would be greatly appreciated

That depends on how dense your cardstock is. My preferred 250 g/m² cardstock is ready to fibreglass after one layer, some models are even sturdy enough to fibreglass right away - although that leads to problems when sanding later, so there's no point in skipping that first layer.

Since each layer has to cure anyway before you can add the next one, you can just add layers until you feel it's solid enough to survive fibreglassing.

A good rule of thumb is to have at least 2 coats of resin on the outside. It will give you something to sand later to get rid of the paper line marks (depending on model and/or build type) And at the very least 1 coat of resin on the inside. After that It's all up to you on what type build method you want to use. As Venture said above you do need to keep in mind that you're going to need to sand you're project later, so remember resin, bond, and rondo all sand smoothly were "Fiberglass" cloth, mesh, fibers and rondoglass do not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back