An Alternative Way for Pepakura?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeZRaes

So I watched and readed most of the pepakura tutorials from diffrent people. Everyone uses fiberglass resin for their costumes. Is there an alternative option? I can't find anything called "Fiberglass Resin" in my country? A little help please?

Someone correct me if I am wrong but, I believe it's actually two separate materials. Fiberglass and resin.

Ah sorry, I looked some pics of the fiberglass and I think like "This doesn't look like usefull in prop/costume making. They must be one thing"

No, this is fiberglass resin, which is what we use for hardening the pepakura:
upload_2017-5-2_10-4-51.png
If you cannot find this in your country, try looking for Smooth-on 300 casting resin online someplace.

also Check out impact props' website, they have some really great material lists and such.

PaiganBoi you are right and wrong......while there is a fiberglass resin, which is specifically made for fiberglass use, there are other types of resins that do w/o fiberglass. For the initial hardening of the outer part of the piece, helmet or other, the resin is applied w/o the fiberglass. If you did, you would loose all the details in the piece.

Fiberglass and resin are generally used in automotive repair and can be found in most hardware stores similar to Home Depot or Lowes, or even in some large supercenters like Walmart. If that still turns up nothing, theres always vacuforming, building out of foam, worbla, etc. Theres tons of materials people use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back