an idea for a new rank and forum section

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdhoigt

Jr Member
I have to get off shortly, so i'm going to keep this quick.

I have been noticing alot of people in the noob section posting topics about what is DIRECTLY IN THE STICKIES. this seriously irritates me, so that gave me this idea...

what if we made a new rank, below junior member, where they are only allowed to post in a forum section that contains all the basic stickies. eg. what is the 405th, rules of the 405th, basic pepping, glassing, etc. Maybe give them a promotion at around 5 posts. this would just ensure that they read the stickies, and that this would prevent some of those people who just make topic after topic about things they should have read already.

does anyone else think this is a good idea?

I figure I will stray out of my realm of never posting in areas where there could be disagreement to toss in my two pennies. I agree 100% that that would be a great benefit to the forums, but I think it should be more like 15-20 posts to rank up. There are many topics that are actually decent and contain real works that show the memeber actually cares enough to do what this site teaches, or other threads in which members give contributions to the site. Both of those types of topics, and all other appropriate ones show that the members posting them respect and honor this site and its values, follow the set rules, and reflect true dedication to the site, that they selflessly give up their time to be here. Those same honest topics are also not as seen by many of us because of the darker shadow of the light. People join and start tons (more appriately, thousands) of topics with questions that are all answered in the stickies.

That rant being said, your idea would be a win-win situation here. New people will finally read through what they are supposed to read. They will then already know most of what to do when they start building what they build, and be ready to face the challenges of doing so. Because said new members know what to do beforehand, they no longer make more water in the sea of the couple thousand (an estimated total) useless threads, and then the honest, contributing members' topics will no longer unseen. On top of that, the highly dedicated members will be relieved of constantly answering pre-answered questions, and there will be an all-around happiness here.

However much of that was directly on topic, I don't know. I do know that in some way all of that is relevant (being indirect results of the presented idea). But in the end, great idea.

I agree, but the posts can be bs-ed like "thats cool" or "helmet looks great" to get to the higher rank. It would be views(of threads) to ensure they read the stickies and/or other threads. But you have a good idea to help lower the useless threads and posts.

That's a fantastic idea! It would kill two birds with one stone because some people have been requesting a tutorials only section. It seems like this would be a easily do-able fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back