An Introduction and Request

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harley The Man

Greetings and Salutations,

My name is Harley and I am a student studying Film and Video at the Art Institute of Atlanta. I've been a fan of Halo ever since picked up a copy Halo CE Anniversary from a Best Buy shelf. Halo 3 and Halo Reach where close behind, and soon later the rest of the games and books where read, played, and thoroughly beaten on Legendary. ( Not LASO though, I know my limits. :lol) I came across your site whilst doing some research for school and I found out that there is a group of guys and gals who's hobbies are making on-screen characters and objects come life, I was like: Heck yeah! This site's awesome! Sign me up!

I am currently taking a class called Short Media Production where it is required that I create 3 short video documentaries in order to pass. One of video documentaries, aka my final project for the class, must be 10 minutes long, and since the topic is totally up to me, I think it'd be really cool if I could show the process of how one creates film-grade props, costumes, and armor from start to finish.

As a film student with a limited budget, I will tell you flat out, that this is NOT a paid gig. Food will be provided for all cast and crew onset and all participants will receive a copy of finished documentary for their own use. This is, of course, a student production. The video is meant to be professional but fun, and the goal is to showcase you, the cosplayer, the creator, or the designer, and your passion for the work that you do.

If you are interested in helping out, please send me a message either through a comment on this thread, a private message on this website, or through my Facebook, Instagram or Youtube messaging system. If you'd like check out my IMDB page: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm7009745/ and my previous class project: Star Wars Episode 7.5 The Nerds Awaken

Thank you for the warm welcome to this site and I look forward to potentially working with ya'll to make this project happen.

Last edited by a moderator:
it always seems that the great things are always hundred of miles away

Couldn't have said it better myself. I'd love to participate but unfortunately - I live on the side of the Atlantic ocean.
Good luck on the project though, I'm sure it'll be awesome.

Thank you all for the quick replies. Its a bummer that ya'll are too far away to participate but I appreciate the well wishes. Currently, DragonCon is in full swing here in the ATL, I hope to be potentially getting more cosplayers and talent there. The invitation is still wide open for any who are near the Atlanta, GA area. I'll keep everyone informed of any changes. Hope you all have a nice weekend!

- Harley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back