an inventive idea to replace manual switch controls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deathbox

Jr Member
ok, i had an idea, i really wanted to keep this one to myself but with all the people cool enough to take their time and make the Pep files we all use so freely i felt obligied to toss this one out there for people to use.

most people use simple on/off push button switches to either raise/lower visors or turn lights on an off or what not on their suits. now these switches do a simple function: complete a simple circuit to allow a function to happen.

now, i was perusing the interwebs this morning and read about a guy who rigged a Nerf gun to fire using a device that detects brain wave activity. that sounds expensive you say? well, what about that nifty toy that is out that allows you to control a little ball through an obstacle course using just your mind for like $55! Mindflex! the idea is simple: mod the Mindflex head controller to allow it to do simple things like complete a simple circuit! think of the possibilities: have a visor on your Iron Man suit that you can control with a though! Eyes lighting up with a thought! etc etc.

i must research this idea further!

P.S. if anyone gets uber rich off this idea they will owe me!

im not 100% sure this will work, but the principle is sound and i don't see why you wouldn't be able to do this with some sort of mind activated controller. i am going to try this once i finish my War Machine suit. if it works it would be ridiculously awesome. all i ask is if someone does try this to post and let the rest of us know how it works and how you got it to work.

im also thinking that if it does work i dont see why you wouldnt be able to use more than one controller to make a sort of inner control helmet to control suit functions. i may sound off my rocker but i think its plausible and one step closer to a real working suit, heh.

P.S. i also found this one that people say is easier to interface with when modding.

All this sensor thing does is change the speed of a fan, you even have to position the fan with your hand using the knob on the front of the device. If that's true, you might be able to mod it, but it would really just give you ONE switch, and probably not the most reliable one (There probably are things you concentrate on while wearing your costume, I guess they would actuate the switch as well).

But go ahead, do try it :)

My father actually has both of these items and I have had a chance to play with them for a day or two. Your idea/principle is great but do not see it happening. When playing with these toys it is very unrealiable. I would think the trigger would be very touchy to say the least. I guess what I am getting at is if this were created and wired up your end result would be your suit having a mind of its own. First time a female in a Cortana suit went by your lights would start to flicker or the visor dancing on your head since your possible "over stimulation" would complete the circuit. Not to sound like a debbie downer because all things are possible just might not be a road traveled with the current tech.

First time a female in a Cortana suit went by your lights would start to flicker or the visor dancing on your head since your possible "over stimulation" would complete the circuit

Actually that alone is enough for me to think about trying it :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back