And so it begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

afspartan

image.jpg

Starting to make a set of h3 MkVI armor. Hand plate started. Let’s see if I can get this done before Halloween

You're gonna be pressed a little for Halloween, that's only 3 months, but you got this. Pace yourself and make sure to quality check so you don't have traumatic armor failure last minute.

Even at a dollar it sounds like it may take quite a lot to cover a whole suit...

I noticed in your first picture you sanded the 3d print directly. That can take a lot of time. You were correct in that it is easier to add something to the print and then sand the added material. Perhaps Bondo Spot Putty or this newer Krylon solution may be of help to you.

the more standard approach is a bit more product oriented..

What kind of printer do you use. I just got a ender 3 pro love it but it’s slow haha

I'm using a Prusa Mk2S and Printing at .2mm layer height

Even at a dollar it sounds like it may take quite a lot to cover a whole suit...

I noticed in your first picture you sanded the 3d print directly. That can take a lot of time. You were correct in that it is easier to add something to the print and then sand the added material. Perhaps Bondo Spot Putty or this newer Krylon solution may be of help to you.

Yeah, it's going to take a lot but so far this is this most effective method I've found. Next, best method is to use fiberglass resin in thin coats to fill the lines but the need for a breather makes it a hard choice plus I can't sand it on the couch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back