Andrew DFT EVA Foam ODST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Superrexjr

Ok, I've been considering making this thread ever since I started making my ODST, but I never got around to it. I am currently making an ODST from Andrew DFT's templates out of EVA foam. I am almost done with all the pieces. I just need to build the foot pieces, and remake the helmet because I messed up the scale.

Here's a progress photo
: IMG_20190904_151424398_LI (2).jpg

There isn't really one that I'm aware of per se. Just keep all pictures tasteful, respectful, and void of profanity, nudity, and personal information in the background.

Where's the shoulders! that's like the best part of the ODST. nice dft build, hope you're enjoying it.

Ok, now I have a problem... I made my helmet too small. My head still fits into it, but when I put the visor in it gets really tight, and every time I exhale the visor fogs up. My plan was to make the helmet larger, but if I scale it up when I'm trying to print it, the templates go off the page. Any ideas?

Ok, now I have a problem... I made my helmet too small. My head still fits into it, but when I put the visor in it gets really tight, and every time I exhale the visor fogs up. My plan was to make the helmet larger, but if I scale it up when I'm trying to print it, the templates go off the page. Any ideas?
What program are you using to scale up? usually if you scale up you can change the layout in pepakura.
Might I suggest though since you have to scrap the helmet it seems... Try your hand at the armory foam file for the helmet?
follow this LINK, if you download the file go into the "foam" folder and its the halo-3-odst-unc-helmet-foam.pdo.
I for one think AndrewDFT is a great way to get into cosplay armor building and almost did it myself before deciding to do the armory files. However I believe the helmet is the only part of the build I think that if changed would look great.
Justin Ghazal made a great DFT odst and agreed that after his build that he wanted to do the helmet differently (and bought a 3d printed one).
Just an idea if you had to scratch the hlemet to begin with. I'm not sure how to scale the DFT ones though since it's on a pdf format I believe.
I'm also not sure what your deadline is so if that is also a factor I can understand why you might stick to DFT.
Good luck building, and remember its your build, do it how you want and it'll look good regardless.

I was trying to scale it up when I printed the PDF. I have a couple months to finish it, so I have time to try the pepekura file. Thanks!

I was trying to scale it up when I printed the PDF. I have a couple months to finish it, so I have time to try the pepekura file. Thanks!
Good luck dude! based on the rest of your build i'm sure you can pull it off in that time frame. just make sure its the foam file in the foam folder.

Nice work, looking forward to seeing it painted after you build the rest :)

Ok, I printed out the armory helmet pepukura files, and this looks confusing...
You might have to cut some bevels for these pieces. only difference is after you cut all the pieces out some you may have to cut at a lil bit of an angle from where your edges are to allow for angles but not too much i'm guessing. Best bet is to cut out the pieces and mark them or something, and then have the pepakura file open on the computer while you connect all the pieces. does that make sense?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back