AniRevo 2017 - Vancouver BC

Discussion in 'Canadian Regiment' started by TurboCharizard, Aug 2, 2017.

1. TurboCharizard

TurboCharizard

Hey all you West Coast members. I'll be heading to AR this weekend and am most likely going to have my ODST for one of the days and my NCR Ranger/The Courier for another. I'll also be part of a panel on cosplay armour construction Saturday at 12:30 so if you're in the area and want to hang out, just give me a shout.

Artifice, PaiganBoi and BlazedStarbon like this.
  2. BlazedStarbon

BlazedStarbon RMO 405th Regiment Officer

Please share any pictures or recordings of your panel/weekend if you can! That would be a treat to see.

TurboCharizard likes this.
  3. TurboCharizard

TurboCharizard

Hey... Remember the internet rumblings of last weeks convention in Vancouver being a disorganized mess? Yeah... AniRevo was basically a how to guide for other conventions on how to get cosplayers angry at you, waste peoples time, implement money-grubbing techniques and pour gasoline over your social media presence and light a match.

I got some photo shoots in with my armour, met another Canadian member as well as ran into some UNSC Marines that had never heard of our community before that will most likely be joining up with the 405th in the next little bit. It may have been throwing scat into a fan to watch it go splat in terms of actual convention but the Vancouver Island cosplay community went over to the mainland in force and we made our own fun of it. Drinks were had and (most) everyone had a good time just bashing the mess that it was of an event.

I've never put up a PowerPoint or anything on the 405th, not sure if you can load that as media due to size limits but I might be able to set up a Dropbox link to my presentation that I went over, there's no recording that I know of but one may surface in the dust settling after everyone gets home. If one does appear I'll post it for you guys so you can see/hear me in my B level, not really into it presentation voice.