[ANNOUNCEMENT] Pepakura 4 Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just re-downloaded the full N7 helmet from the Mass Effect files and they are now all having the same issue. Whatever is causing this issue is localised to my computer

Likely so - I would advise a re-install of Pepakura, and try from there. I genuinely can't think of a reason as to why you'd be denied access.

Pepakura designer both 3 and 4 are rather flaky no matter what you do. I have both running on my machine simply because when I do certain parts of the work on an unfold one is more stable than the other. As Chernobyl said send them some feed back. I send them info whenever I pin an issue down in the hope that it will help them fix it.

Whats the current status of this situation.

Would we call it a problem with Pep4 so I should get Pep3,
or should rookies like me go ahead and get pep4 because the problem is a very limited scope of older files?

I'll try that. Hopefully it works, if not then I have no idea how to get into these files

I fiddled around the zip file and here's a few things I found:
  1. I was able to open the file and extract the folder despite the syntax error messages.
  2. All but one of the pdo file can be opened. It's the foam file that is bad.
  3. The foam file probably came originally from the therpf.com site.
Here's a couple of suggestions. Deal with the syntax issues in your computer. I'm surprised that your computer let you use colons in the folder name. I agree with Chernobyl about re-installing PD. That usually takes care of the majority of the problems encountered so far. I also happen to have the foam file that you're probably having problem with so I will upload it to the Archive.

I fiddled around the zip file and here's a few things I found:
  1. I was able to open the file and extract the folder despite the syntax error messages.
  2. All but one of the pdo file can be opened. It's the foam file that is bad.
  3. The foam file probably came originally from the therpf.com site.
Here's a couple of suggestions. Deal with the syntax issues in your computer. I'm surprised that your computer let you use colons in the folder name. I agree with Chernobyl about re-installing PD. That usually takes care of the majority of the problems encountered so far. I also happen to have the foam file that you're probably having problem with so I will upload it to the Archive.

I have re-downloaded PD and it has the same result. I think its an issue my mac might have with the emulator I am using.
What did you do to access the files? I'm curious to see if I can still find a way to bypass that error message.

Since you've been pretty cool about needing help I thought I might lend you a hand.

1: Open the .zip (you have linked to in post #17) with 7zip.
2: Extract the file "N7 helmet provided by AxiomUltra - foam unfold JFcustom.pdo.crdownload"
3: Go to where you extracted the file.
4: Rename the file to remove ".crdownload"
5: Agree to the file change notice.
6: The file should open.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back