Another Gamer Screwed by Microsoft

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a simple solution to this- repost this story, and tell people to not buy from them.

He should have sucked it up, bought a new 360 and switched the case. The value of that was more than a new 360. NEVER put something you care about into a large operation like that.

I feel sorry for him but it's his own fault. It is important in life to realize the difference between what things are and what they should be. Microsoft should treat each 360 with care, and lovingly send it back treating every one like it is their own. This is what they indicate with their customer service literature and calls. Reality is, they don't. So what would you do knowing that fact?

Sigma-LS said:
He should have sucked it up, bought a new 360 and switched the case. The value of that was more than a new 360. NEVER put something you care about into a large operation like that.

I feel sorry for him but it's his own fault. It is important in life to realize the difference between what things are and what they should be. Microsoft should treat each 360 with care, and lovingly send it back treating every one like it is their own. This is what they indicate with their customer service literature and calls. Reality is, they don't. So what would you do knowing that fact?

Simple, When mine RRoD I send it in, ask for a refund, and buy a PS3.

Last edited by a moderator:
There really wasn't too much else he could do tho.

Don't forget guys, if you even open that case, your warranty is in the crapper. It would be really hard for him to swap his case.

EDIT: also, I was just looking again.

The one signature quotes "360? more like three sh*tsy"

Any chance that may have triggered that individual to wipe the case?

That is indeed sad :( (y) :cry: Some uncaring and greedy fat ba$*!rd of a repair man most likely took the case for themselves. If Microsoft does not fix this and make up for the loss (I don't know how but) they are in for another RROD kind of P.R. nightmare. For the first time I am ashamed of backing the 360 so much. I feel for poor Nathaniel and hope in someway this is fixed.

theshagsterofgames said:
That is indeed sad :( (y) :cry: Some uncaring and greedy fat ba$*!rd of a repair man most likely took the case for themselves. If Microsoft does not fix this and make up for the loss (I don't know how but) they are in for another RROD kind of P.R. nightmare. For the first time I am ashamed of backing the 360 so much. I feel for poor Nathaniel and hope in someway this is fixed.
No one took the case. Its says they CLEANED all the sigs off of it. I would be furious. Wow way to go M$$$

That sucks, If i had sigs from RvB and Bungie people on my 360 i would be PI**ED if i sent it away for warranty and it came back clean!
I feel really sorry for him. Dam you m$

This is unacceptable. This person covered everything in his express wish to receive his case intact, and yet the service centre insisted on tampering with his console more than was necessary.

Technicaly they catterd to his "wishes". There is probly some policy that states that the cases must be cleaned after reasembly. As for the autographs I bet who ever did the fix had not clue who they are. I honestly have no idea who any of those people are, not do I care.

While that completely sucks and all, I think it was irresponsible for him to send that case into the repair center. It's kinda like putting the Mona Lisa in a wood chipper. Is it really that surprising that it didn't come bacck to him in the condition he expected?

If he were so attached to it, he should have bought another 360 and swapped the case. That isn't nearly as difficult as the article suggests 'fixing it himself' which is practically impossible.

Besides, with this story circulating around, you can bet your butt that he's going to get mad sympathy gifts from EVERYONE INVOLVED. When the story reaches Bungie, Microsoft, and all of the people who signed the case, he's stands to make out better than what he started out with. I'm sure his mailbox is going to be stuffed with gifts for some time...

Sean Bradley said:
Besides, with this story circulating around, you can bet your butt that he's going to get mad sympathy gifts from EVERYONE INVOLVED. When the story reaches Bungie, Microsoft, and all of the people who signed the case, he's stands to make out better than what he started out with. I'm sure his mailbox is going to be stuffed with gifts for some time...
Yes, I thought of the same thing when reading this.

I just don't know why he didn't try putting some protective layer over the signatures and such to keep them from fading through even just regular handling.

Does suck, but I think he'll be well taken care of with this story all over the internet like Sean said.

CMANavy said:
I honestly have no idea who any of those people are, not do I care.

......you've never seen red vurses blue?

Holy Balls Man Microsoft Really Screwed Him Badly, If I Was Him I Would Try To Sue Them Or Something.
Microsoft=***Holes...I Think You Can Fill In The Blank.

~Widman2013~

It's his own fault, it even says his warranty had expired so why did he send it in in the first place. I don't believe the story at all. He could have easily faked the whole thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back