Another Gamer Screwed by Microsoft

Status
Not open for further replies.
WHY would you fake something like that? wiping off all those signatures from great people know by pretty much all of the halo and gaming community! no fan would ever wipe them off him/her self...

I feel so sorry for him. But he shouldn't have sent his HIGH SENTIMENTAL AND MONETARY VALUE case into M$ in the first place. Just the actual 360, and a note explaining that he didn't trust M$ with his case.

Also, a M$ guy may have accidentally been told to clean off the case by a means of miscommunication. o_O

@p0rtalman: Maybe he could have bought a case off eBay and then photographed it with the black smudges on it. And snapped a pic of his own case too. But why would he try to fake it? He hasn't sued M$ yet, I don't think.

So, just as the whole world suspected, this guy made out pretty well. Heres his loot:

http://hawtymcbloggy.com/2008/03/07/bungie...-screwed-gamer/

Bungie-Swag-Bag-005.jpg

Bungie-Swag-Bag-038.jpg

I think that about makes things even.

Those trinkets are signed by the entire Bungie staff. His 360 was only signed by a few of the staff, some community people and some of the RvB guys. The Luke McKay artwork loss is unfortunate, but surely he'll be recieveing a package from Rooster Teeth as well.

And if he had gotten Recon out of the deal, Bungie would probably not annouce that and advise him not to do so as well. Many of the people who have recieved Recon as a gift from Bungie have had their acounts stolen by haxxors.

I'm sure if you added to total value of all the items that thy sent him (in additon to the added value of the signatures) that Bungie has overcompensated him for the loss of his custom case (which shouldn't have been sent to customer support to begin with)

The very fact that Bungie has stepped up to the plate over an issue with Microsoft's bad customer service, without so much as a peep out of MS yet shows just how much they appreciate and support their fanbase.

While I sympathize with this guy, and think that what Bungie did was an awesome stick to M$, it could have been easier for him. Retire the signed Xbox, place it on a shelf to be viewed, and buy a new one to game with. Not that hard to do. He get's to game, and has a console to say "Yeah, I met all those cool people." Everyone wins.

Spartan-419 said:
While I sympathize with this guy, and think that what Bungie did was an awesome stick to M$, it could have been easier for him. Retire the signed Xbox, place it on a shelf to be viewed, and buy a new one to game with. Not that hard to do. He get's to game, and has a console to say "Yeah, I met all those cool people." Everyone wins.
That would have been the best option, actually... Still, you should be able to trust M$ enough not to do something like that. I mean, they have your money, why do they need to screw you over like that?

Last edited by a moderator:
i wouldve had the people sign on face plates, incase my 360 broke, so i could just take off the plates and send in the console. that sinks that this happened to him, but he got a crap load of stuff out of it.

Master_Chief_13 said:
WOW... bungie :love: 's their fans

oh you bet they do.

I have to give bungie alot of credit on this one, they really showed how much they're willing to reach out to the community with this one.

Sean Bradley said:
The very fact that Bungie has stepped up to the plate over an issue with Microsoft's bad customer service, without so much as a peep out of MS yet shows just how much they appreciate and support their fanbase.

Ownt

OMG first i was crying sad for poor Nathaniel, then i was like GRR with M$, then i was crying happily for Bungie doing such a handsome gift from them, such a beautiful gift from Bungie and its was nearly a angelic thing from my opinion!
But reading futher through this that M$ is trying to payback wat was lost.

PS- i stopped crying and im just happy! :p

Well anyone who still had doubts about poor Nataniel... he's made out again, this time by Microsoft who went even further than Bungie to make up for the loss of his sentimental custom 360 case... Nates Microsoft apology package included:

1206120716_161-1.jpg

1 Xbox 360 console (signed by original RT signers, new artwork by Luke McKay, signatures from Xbox 360 team, additional signatures from Bungie Staff)
1 Xbox 360 faceplate (signed by Bill Gates, among others)
Devil May Cry 4
Lost Odyssey
Rainbow Six Vegas 2
Gears of War
Kingdom Under Fire: Circle of Doom
2 ‘What’s Your Gamerscore?’ Bumperstickers
Xbox 360 CD Wallet
Signed picture of Bill Gates

I'd say that wraps this sad story up.. congrats Nate.

Read it at Hawty McBloggy: http://hawtymcbloggy.com/2008/03/21/micros...s-things-right/

Well, did they have the choice not to do something after bungie totally owned them? It's not like it's much money for them.
Again though, it just shows how much Microsoft sucks. Somehow, they start with a good idea and then mess up somewhere along the way. But I agree, kinda stupid to send it in to techsupport...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back