Another good start to my weekend....

Status
Not open for further replies.

HungOverSpartan

So ive been up all nite and got some good progress goin on some more parts... i think i got the belt done ( well yesterday) and then knocked out both forearm parts... then moved onto the thigh piceces... Which todate are the easiest parts yet... lol but im still gona print out the inner three panels off the hd thigh pep and add them to mine... which ill posr up whgen im done with that... also was lookin at me chest and back and thought it needed some more lil details added to it... So i printed out some pieces off off the HD chest and im addin them into it... like the back slits on in the center of it... and some drop in vents into the sides up by the shoulder blades.... ummm i think thats it for now let me know what you guys think

alright thx guys and ladies

P1000798.jpg

P1000799.jpg

P1000800.jpg

P1000797.jpg

P1000790.jpg

P1000793.jpg

Attachments

• P1000798.jpg
    P1000798.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 214
  • P1000800.jpg
    P1000800.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 205
  • P1000797.jpg
    P1000797.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 204
  • P1000790.jpg
    P1000790.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 214
  • P1000793.jpg
    P1000793.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 217
hey this is looking awesome, a word of advice though.. make sure your cod is properly secured and has really strong supports, when i resined and fiberglassed mine it warped and bent in slightly causing the pocket to go weird. plus the front twisted just a tad.. and that was just with the card stock supports
but if you use cardboard and keep it in place it should be fine :)

im having a hard time uploading pictures. Apparently my pictures are more MGB then they are supposed to be, and I cant help it!!!

Galohan;bt805 said:
im having a hard time uploading pictures. Apparently my pictures are more MGB then they are supposed to be, and I cant help it!!!

are you uploading to a site then bring them onto here or tryin to go straight from ur hard drive?

AceNat;bt803 said:
hey this is looking awesome, a word of advice though.. make sure your cod is properly secured and has really strong supports, when i resined and fiberglassed mine it warped and bent in slightly causing the pocket to go weird. plus the front twisted just a tad.. and that was just with the card stock supports
but if you use cardboard and keep it in place it should be fine :)

yeah i was gona go with cardboard or thin gauge wood sticks for it.. but thx for the heads up

mochafreak111;bt809 said:
thats grate and all but how u gana harden........ in time for halloween ...... hahhahahhaloool

Really? its not that hard to resin and glass... ive done bikes and cars before... so ill knock it out in a weekend.... takes all the pieces out side, get a friend to help... then do a first coat to an item and then another and ext... and by the time your done, the first items is almost done with its hr cure time and then start over and do a sec coat and then repeat for a third... shouldnt take but a half a day to resin.... then to glass, im only gona do certain pieces where i think it needs some more strength..... and then sand it all smooth... and as ive been reading some of the newer post have said try not to do bondo since you can have cracking later on down the road... so gona try to make it as nice as possible then a nice heavy filler primer and sand till nice and then paint... not gona take but a couple more weeks... lol hopefully :D

HungOverSpartan;bt811 said:
Really? its not that hard to resin and glass... ive done bikes and cars before... so ill knock it out in a weekend.... takes all the pieces out side, get a friend to help... then do a first coat to an item and then another and ext... and by the time your done, the first items is almost done with its hr cure time and then start over and do a sec coat and then repeat for a third... shouldnt take but a half a day to resin.... then to glass, im only gona do certain pieces where i think it needs some more strength..... and then sand it all smooth... and as ive been reading some of the newer post have said try not to do bondo since you can have cracking later on down the road... so gona try to make it as nice as possible then a nice heavy filler primer and sand till nice and then paint... not gona take but a couple more weeks... lol hopefully :D
u gata be care full with the resin since your just doing normal paper ur gana have to minimize how much warping so yoiu might have to use bondo cause even with something as simple as the hand plate made of card bored i still warped it it was a giant waste of resin so be care ful

mochafreak111;bt818 said:
u gata be care full with the resin since your just doing normal paper ur gana have to minimize how much warping so yoiu might have to use bondo cause even with something as simple as the hand plate made of card bored i still warped it it was a giant waste of resin so be care ful

ive read that you gotta make sure you do thin coats... and to help im gona use wooden doals and cut them for support... and that should help with any warping... but thx for the heads up

hah i wouldnt worry about resin warping your pieces, as long as they are supported it will be fine :)
i personally resin quite thick as that lets me only resin 2 layers then the hardening process begins..
and about the bondo cracking, ive had no problems with mine, as long as your not throwing your pieces around it wont crack :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back