Another Halo 5 Masterchief

Status
Not open for further replies.

macktruck

I know masterchief armor is probably getting old for some people, but making costumes is like making a mix tape. You gotta get all the classics.

Anyway, I started printing everything from here:
Halo 4/5 master chief armor high poly 3d printeble for you!

Btw, CarterBuilder12 thanks for the excellent job.

So some of the high detail pieces i'm printing on the slow settings and the low details I'm printing on the fast settings. I'm giving myself at least a day for each piece so that I can sand and prepare the pieces. This way, I can do it more casually and it doesn't become like a chore or something to big that it seems unsurmountable.

So this thread I guess will be a build log and hopefully I can use it to ask questions as well.

To start, I want to get some feedback so I don't make the same mistakes. I recently printed a Skyrim Dragon Priest mask and painted it.

I sanded used Rust-Oleum filler primer and repeated sever times. I then used a brush to paint on enamel paint from Walmart. As you can see, it still needs works, put there are lines and dark spots that I don't difinitivly know why.

This time through I'm trying wood putty. When I fully sand it away, I feel these very small high and low spots. Maybe 1/10 mm Of course I might be paranoid also, but I don't want those dark lines to appear again. This time I'm going to use an airbrush to paint my costume.

So any advice why there are dark lines or how I can best prepare the 3d print for the absolute pefect finish? part1.png part2.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back