Another Ironman Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
SupermanExtreme1 said:
I was saving this for the perfect day...so here it is..

win.jpg

LOL that's really perfect for this project Supes. :)

The bondo work is fantastic! Really loving it. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
:eek

"I know I left my jaw here ten minutes ago!!"

That is an AWESOME helmet and chest you have there...

You may not want to reveal this... but did you use any special techniques?

Nice work!

---Stonewall

What would you like to know, any info I have to share I will no secrets or anything like that. This is for fun makes no matter to me. If you like I can write up kind of a step by step on how I do the filler work. Anything specific just ask, If I can help I gladly will. :)

Sure! I'd like to know, how did you create the detail lines? like, on the side of the head, and on the side of the eyes?

I have 2 questions for you. Is it better to glass in the helmet or outside it? Did you seperate the face plate and head piece before or after glassing? Just wanted to know because I messed up my helmet so I gotta start pepping again.

Finhead said:
Thanks, I hope it keeps going good. :)

Had a chance to work on it again last night and today. Reworked some of the chest and the helmet once again, keep finding things I don't like about it and stuff I haven't done yet. And glassed the back and did the bodywork and primer. Still in the rough for sure but it's at least making me want to do more. :) Let me know what ya think. Oh and pics would have been better but the wife was messing with the camera and I couldn't get it back to right, no idea.

IMG_1683.jpg

IMG_1684.jpg

IMG_1685.jpg

IMG_1687.jpg

IMG_1689.jpg

IMG_1690.jpg

IMG_1691.jpg

IMG_1693-1.jpg

Dear god...That was a huge kick-in-my-ass.

You know why?

It looks better than mine!

It may just be the angle the pic was taken at, but is the horeshoe shaped indent on the back hump between the upper shoulder blades listing to the right a bit? Honestly that is the only thing I could pick out as something that might be even the slightest bit off. Otherwise I feel safe to say that this is by far one of the nicest build ups I have seen yet.

SupermanExtreme1 said:
wow this is the next big thing for sure

this needs to be in Elite :eek

I agree with super.. simply amazing work! Your finishing skills are quite impressive! I dont think ive ever seen a pepakura work turn out this good. Simply amazing! definitely elite worthy

How/what are you using to um carve(?) the bondo so nicely? I mean I know sandpaper to smooth, but are all those details just coming from the pep?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back