Any experienced creator/builder, please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Korn

so, i have scaled all the pieces for my H4 Prefect set, but as i have never done a build of a costume before, i would like to see if there are any people on here who would be willing to contact me on skype or something to sort of walk me through it? i realize that that may be asking a bit to much (you all might have busy lives, and such), but i would sure appreciate the help. Thank you!

This may not be the answer you are looking for, but I hope it helps nonetheless.

This craft is something that is best learned through our own mistakes. However with that said, there are plenty of threads and videos out there to watch and learn from. When I started my first project I just had to jump in with both feet and hope for the best. Mistakes will be made, and you will more than likely have to remake a few items through your build.

But you should do as many others have done and just chronicle your build step by step and if you have a question then just ask in your thread. Because everything you want to know has been asked time and time again.

Good luck to you.

I would recommend starting with either the easiest piece or the piece that will keep you most motivated to carry on. I started with the helmet as the most iconic part. However some people leave the helmet to last as they want there skills to improve before they do it.

If you're ready with your glue choice and you have your craft knifes then the easiest way to start, is just to start, I use a 15cm metal ruler to make sure my cuts are straight, then the back of my craft knife to score the edge, some people use coloured pens, one colour for valley folds and a different colour for mountain folds. If you have the pep file up on a laptop if possible i find it helps to check what you are doing and helps locate pieces quicker to cut out.

The last bit of advice is to keep a build thread and post progress and questions, that way you help people in the future doing the same you.

Good luck

I may not be experienced, I'm a newbie and I'm doing my first build.
Maybe you'd like to start with the smallest/easiest piece? Don't start with big things like chest... I went ahead and did the feet first, then the legs, only then moved to arms and chest and helmet as last - in terms of pepping.
Starting with something easier and smaller will get you experience even if in the end something won't be perfectly scaled or if won't turn out perfectly fine. You can go back to the start and repeat.
But, you'll get there where you want.

Also a newb here but as has been said, either start with a smaller/easier piece or a piece that you're so excited about it will keep you motivated. I started with a test project of a helmet because I knew that a helmet would keep me interested moreso than say a shin piece. However on my full armour set, the helmet will likely be the last piece that i do, and I started with forearms and am now working on boot covers. Other than that, youtube videos and searching the threads are a great way to get familiar with the processes. Watch as many different videos of the same process as you want. People build differently, and you may find you like something from one person's method and another from someone else's method.

As other have already said, you just have to jump in knowing that mistakes will be made "Feet first into hell"

Document your progress and ask questions as they come up. Not only will others be able to give you answers specific to the step you're on, but you may discover a new technique that would have gone unnoticed otherwise. Good luck! Keep us updated!

I'd take helmet and build it as is. Develops the skill very quickly. The helmet is a hard piece but it's easier to understand the shape other than a thigh or chest piece.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back