Anyone do pro audio for video here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caboos318

So, I got a new video camera a couple months ago for this awesome zombie movie i am producing (hella low budget) and now i would like the get some audio recording in the field that is not connected to the camera. I have 2 shotgun mics, one i am keeping on the camera and one on a boom pole. I have 30 feet of XLR cable, but i want to be able the get the boom mic closer with out seeing the cables. So, the question. Can a shotgun mic record straight to a small portable recorder?

49914_l.jpg

Not to my knowledge, I've been working with A/V for some time and unfortunatly you're kinda stuck seeing the wire unless you are shooting from a different angle where you would'nt be showing the wire in the scene, My best thought on what you could do is pick up one of the recorders and mics they use for TV shows like Jerry Springer hide the mic in the shirt and hide the reciever somewhere else on the person which is the box you usually see on the back of the person's pants on the show. If you need any A/V Advice help for your film I can help in any way you might need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back