Anyone try fiber fix?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sdgibbs

I was at the store the other day and saw fiberfix and thought hmmm i wonder if you could use this on the inside of armor? Sure it's a bit more expensive but for the simplicity of it i'd definitely consider it.

If you're not familiar it's (my understanding) carbon fiber that hardens when an activator (water) is applied to "harder than steel"

Not sure how it'd work out, anyone have any experience or see any problems ahead of time? Obviously water + pep doesn't go so well but if you resin'd the outside or something

I might have to buy some to see how strong a single layer or two of it is since i wouldnt want to put down 5 layers of it

I've never had any luck with that stuff aside from wrapping a broken broom handle. It will cling to itself but not to pep work.

I was at the store the other day and saw fiberfix and thought hmmm i wonder if you could use this on the inside of armor? Sure it's a bit more expensive but for the simplicity of it i'd definitely consider it.

If you're not familiar it's (my understanding) carbon fiber that hardens when an activator (water) is applied to "harder than steel"

Not sure how it'd work out, anyone have any experience or see any problems ahead of time? Obviously water + pep doesn't go so well but if you resin'd the outside or something

I might have to buy some to see how strong a single layer or two of it is since i wouldnt want to put down 5 layers of it

My thought on this is that with the hardening of the inside of the armor it leaves no flex for the foam or pep that would cause cracking especially with foam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back