Anyone wear armor while pregnant, & what did you do for an undersuit?

Discussion in 'Halo Soft Parts' started by MepeS11, Mar 28, 2017.

1. MepeS11

MepeS11

I was thinking of just doing black leggings and a long sleeve Under Armor shirt to at least get through Sci-Fi Valley Con, keeping in mind I'll be 5 months pregnant and don't know if I'll even be able to get my chest piece on...

Dirtdives likes this.
  2. Dirtdives

Dirtdives

Well........this is an unusual question on a Wednesday morning.......but they do say that black is a slimming color. I'm not sure if there is a market for maternity under-suits.....but I think we have just tapped in to an open market!!!! Dibs!!!!

AsphyxiaOrange and MepeS11 like this.
  3. mblackwell1002

mblackwell1002

Hrmm...this is an interesting dilemma. I don't think there are many pregnant Spartans. :lol:
    what Spartan armor do you have? I think Vale's Copperhead armor would be pretty easy to fit in, considering how small it is, and how small the armor is overall:
    vale_page_03-JPG.jpg

MepeS11, Dirtdives and Jackshadow like this.
  4. CPO mendez

CPO mendez

Good lord, i'm a healthy 20 year old male and doing a full day at a con in cosplay WRECKS my ankles and feet! i can't imagine doing it WHILE PREGNANT!

5. Dirtdives

Dirtdives

Do not compare yourself to a pregnant woman.....they have ridiculous strength. Like Caboose strength.

6. MepeS11

MepeS11

Maternity undersuits!!! YES!!! :D

Dirtdives likes this.
  7. MepeS11

MepeS11

As long as the chest piece isn't a bother, I'll manage lol, plus I'll mainly be behind tables all day promoting between My non-profits, the 405th, and SCA, lol

Dirtdives likes this.
  8. MepeS11

MepeS11

lol Never underestimate a pregnant lady!!! :)

Kusak3 and Dirtdives like this.
  9. MepeS11

MepeS11

I am drawing a blank on what it is...omg pregnancy brain I tell ya!! serenko3 help??? The only thing I'm worried about is the chest piece resting on the baby bump, I'm tiny so I know it will be...

Also don't want to spend a ton of money on an undersuit if I'm only wearing it for 1 or 2 cons...I'll get a good one for next year!

Dirtdives and mblackwell1002 like this.
  10. Dirtdives

Dirtdives

The just go for the black spandex....something simple and cheap. Wait till after the baby is born......

MepeS11 likes this.
  11. MepeS11

MepeS11

Yea, that's what I'm thinking! Thanks!! :)

Dirtdives likes this.
  12. MepeS11

MepeS11

JFO armor, it's JFO armor lol.... (I can't think straight these days!!) :p

13. Dirtdives

Dirtdives

That just means that the baby is absorbing all of your intelligence!!! That's a good thing. Your first?

MepeS11 likes this.
  14. MepeS11

MepeS11

Hahahah I hope so!! My second lol, but it's been 8 years, my daughter will turn 8 right a month or so after my due date

15. Dirtdives

Dirtdives

Cool Beans!!! Congrats......What is she wearing to the con? HALO Kitty?

MepeS11 likes this.
  16. Kusak3

Kusak3

Be honest when I crawl into my full armor I go with a simple black long sleeve running shirt and a pair of running pants at this point in time. I think I have 25 dollars total in it. Got them last year during SCi Fi because after an hour in the correct black BDU pants and BDU shirt I was soaked and dying. Not to mention Needing to take a bath in deodorant. Perhaps when I have an honest to god cooling system in my armor I can consider staying in the correct battle dress under my armor.. I blame it firmly on my over active ability to sweat.

Ohhh and congrats. Krissy mentioned something about it to me the other day and I wasnt about to say anything anywhere till you let it out yourself.

Dirtdives, MepeS11 and serenko3 like this.
  17. serenko3

serenko3 405th Regiment Officer

She wants either Elsa or Mal from decents colored spartan armor

Dirtdives and MepeS11 like this.
  18. MepeS11

MepeS11

No idea lol...

19. MepeS11

MepeS11

Yea I'm going the cheap route this time, no use spending a ton of money on something I'm going to get to wear once or twice....Thanks!! We just put it on Facebook today, wanted to wait until we told closer family and friends, that's why we messaged everyone the other day...

20. Distemper

Distemper

I had a friend that was in this situation. She ended up getting some extra large long johns and that seemed to work great for her.

MepeS11 likes this.
  21. MepeS11

MepeS11

That's a good idea to look into, thanks!! :)

22. Dirtdives

Dirtdives

The problem w/ long johns is that they are designed to retain heat......Not to put down your idea Distemper......it's just that I've had friends, and heard from others, that they got dehydrated due to wearing the wrong undersuit......It's just that MepeS11 is pregnant....I would err on the side of caution. Got to watch my people's 6.

MepeS11 likes this.
  23. MepeS11

MepeS11

Thanks! I'm thinking Under Armor and black leggings is going to be my best bet...prob won't stay in armor very long anyway, I have my SCA garb I have to wear at some points also!!

24. Distemper

Distemper

That is a great point. I know it worked for my friend but it was also allot cooler out so it worked out for her. It is always best to error on the side of caution. Currently working on hydration and ventilation techniques myself.

MepeS11 likes this.
  25. Spartan55

Spartan55

Frist off congratulations
    My 10 cents is that you cut a section out of the chest and tap a pices of paper to the baby bump that say " spartan in training" or " wake me wean you need me"