Aqua Resin Video Tutorial

Status
Not open for further replies.

stormy87

Jr Member
Hey 405th. I threw together a Tut for aqua resin since a lot of members seem to be confused by it. Hopefully it will become a sticky. Enjoy.

Part 1

"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Part 2
"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Tell me what you think

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, Ithica molded his Hayabusa helmet, he's not complaining about being an Elite yet. Lol, you got to wait a long time to become a veteran and post in other parts of the forum. Just let Catec have his Hero time in the noob forum LOl

Very nice tut, i liked how you gave your opnion and stuff. IN the video, you use fiberglass cloth and aqua resin?

Very nice tutorial. I agree he needs out of the noob forum. I like how the pros and cons are presented and the general presentation of everything. Very nice job.

awsome job dude! its clearing things up for me since im trying to convince my parents to allow me to work with fiberglass and resin. although why do you put the resin on the fiberglass? is it an activator or does it just work as glue? also when using resin does it take out any detail when you put three layers on, and was that just 3 layers on the outside or 2 on the outside and 1layer on the inside plus the resin with fiberglass? im just wondering.

Awesome tut man! I'm sure this will help out a bunch of people..I've noticed that there has been quite a lot of confusion over the AR as well. :D

MI_trooper said:
awsome job dude! its clearing things up for me since im trying to convince my parents to allow me to work with fiberglass and resin. although why do you put the resin on the fiberglass? is it an activator or does it just work as glue? also when using resin does it take out any detail when you put three layers on, and was that just 3 layers on the outside or 2 on the outside and 1layer on the inside plus the resin with fiberglass? im just wondering.

Resin always has to go on fiberglass. Fiberglass is nothing but glass strands, it is used to strengthen the resin. It works just like any other fiberglass process.
I usually put 1-2 outside and 1 inside coats, and then fiberglass. It doesn't do much to the detail since it is so thin, but I also pre-sand a bid before adding bondo to bring out more detail.

And also I did not use the aqua veil, I used plain woven fiberglass cloth.

I've heard a lot about this stuff, but never tried it out. Thanks for the tutorial! I have a rather large project coming up soon and I think this will be the perfect substance to work with, since I was worried about resin fumes in my tiny garage.

Very nice. I haven't watched the second one just yet, but it's in the process of loading.

One problem in the first video as far as safety goes. Safety goggles and a dust mask. No mention of either one. As I remember from reading the MSDS sheets for Aqua Resin, there is a strong chance of eye and throat irritation when dealing with the powder. They recommend a form of eye protection and mouth/nose covering like the following:

SafetyGoggles.jpg

Disposable-Dust-Masks-SH-90401-.jpg

Make a note on the video if you could please.

Aqua resin sounds so much easier than the other ones! And much safer! The problem is that it's more expensive.. Thanks for giving us more info on this materiel.

23Magnum said:
Very nice. I haven't watched the second one just yet, but it's in the process of loading.

One problem in the first video as far as safety goes. Safety goggles and a dust mask. No mention of either one. As I remember from reading the MSDS sheets for Aqua Resin, there is a strong chance of eye and throat irritation when dealing with the powder. They recommend a form of eye protection and mouth/nose covering like the following:

SafetyGoggles.jpg

Disposable-Dust-Masks-SH-90401-.jpg

Make a note on the video if you could please.

Ah yes, I forgot about those. I added a note to the video. Thanks man.

I was looking into Aqua-resin and saw no retailers close to me so I gave it up. After seeing this demonstration, I might have to give it a try after all.
BTW, I see you answered the crave ;) (in the background)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back