Arbiter Update 16: Maximum Smoothness..

Status
Not open for further replies.
@ Dark Rogue
Lol, Nice way to return the favor!
Thanks, and no, it didnt get built up, (Thank god, I didnt even think of that!)
@Zenziegan
You can get it in Flying Squirls Thread.

keegan, this message is not directly to you, but it was directed at leegrishams elite armor idea

i thought it would be tricky making the arbiters skin, (in lees case, the elites skin) so i posted this on his topic on an idea i came up with, i thought it may apply to you too as youre making arbiter armour too, tell me if its a lame idea

here tis

hey leegrisham just thought of an idea, seeing as the elites skin is like asll, reptile like n stuff, prehaps you could make the undersuit from sleeves n stuff, heres what ill do for the arbiter suit

get a hella of alot of socks (i have hundereds of black socks that i dont want because they have holes in them)

put them on me, and go over the whole thing with a glue gun, or using the hot glue mthod, (must think of a way for it not to burn me while i do it though)

then paint it black, or whatever the elite skin is,, the hot glue will give it the "reptile" skin look hopefully, and if its done well, the socks will stretch and be flexible, ill be using this technique too

ill just cut up the socks that dont fit my arms and legs and sew them together to make one for my body

hopefully this works... if it does, ill make a tutorial

Last edited by a moderator:
Seno 'Ypsamee said:
Keegan, this thread deserves my Seal of Epicness, so here goes...

Epic Arby helm is epic.
ROFL, thanks.

And Zenzeigan, me and link are working out some things on the Elite Head. Dont worry, Im prepared.

Keegan said:
ROFL, thanks.

And Zenzeigan, me and link are working out some things on the Elite Head. Dont worry, Im prepared.

alright then, well im testing this technique on my arm with an old sock now anyway, and taking pics, the glu is burning like hell, but gets me used to it, so it wont hurt in the future :D

EDIT, my technique = fail, i couldnt get it off my arm, had to melt it off, which hurt. alot.

wow thats lookin' really nice! i cant wait to see the finished product, but i have a question, how do you plan on attaching the armor pieces? are you going to have padding, cause the elites are really bulky on top, and really skiny at the waist.

Zenzeigan said:
alright then, well im testing this technique on my arm with an old sock now anyway, and taking pics, the glu is burning like hell, but gets me used to it, so it wont hurt in the future :D

EDIT, my technique = fail, i couldn't get it off my arm, had to melt it off, which hurt. alot.
lol wut

So, you put the sock over your arm, then just put hot glue on the outside of the sock, and the glue soaked through and bonded with your skin?

If that is the case, you should have just made a "sleeve" out of card stock, put that on your arm, THEN put the sock on and hot glue.

Worst case scenario, the glue sticks to the card stock, but then you could just run under warm water for a few minutes and it would just come right off.

Keegan - Helmet looks awesome so far.

I like how you made the ridge details, very good use of card stock (I think thas what it is).

rachciav said:
wow thats lookin' really nice! i cant wait to see the finished product, but i have a question, how do you plan on attaching the armor pieces? are you going to have padding, cause the elites are really bulky on top, and really skiny at the waist.
Thanks.
Yes, the plan is to pad the inside of the underarmor, to get the correct look, then, sew the blue lines that are on the Arby UnderArmor. The Armor pieces will be attached with snaps.
Tater Mane said:
Keegan - Helmet looks awesome so far.

I like how you made the ridge details, very good use of card stock (I think thas what it is).
Thanks, Yes, It was cardstock. It turned out much better than the clay I had on the Prototype.

Looks great! When I read the title, I was like, "It's as smooth as the baby's right cheek? Why would the right cheek be any more/less smooth than the other?" Then common sense hit me. "Oh, right! On the helmet!" :oops:

Must've been a "brain flash.":lol:

Friendly said:
Looks great! When I read the title, I was like, "It's as smooth as the baby's right cheek? Why would the right cheek be any more/less smooth than the other?" Then common sense hit me. "Oh, right! On the helmet!" :oops:
Must've been a "brain flash.":lol:
Oh Jeez!
:rolleyes

Your Arby gets better and better, I like your work. :)

@Zenzeigan:
Well I think the problem is that the Hot glue isn't very elastic. And if you completely "seal" your body with that it could get very hot (and well don't know if you walk through sunlight you could melt *g*). I think the cheaper (and as hot alternative) would be something with neoprene thingy or something like that. hmm... But also hot for a costume...

Chief said:
Your Arby gets better and better, I like your work. :)
Thanks, I hope it gets better and better, otherwise we have a problem! :lol:

Zenzeigan said:
aaargh! its so cool!

me wants 1 too!
Thanks Zen. Once its done you might be able to get a copy! (If it turns out right!)

AoBfrost said:
Talk like microsoft mike now everywhere you go (Reference to arby n the chief)

HA HA HAAA! That would be EPIC XD

Awesome job man. I can't wait to see it completely finished.

-points to the bottom of her signature- :D

I'm too short to be a Sangheili T_T

ChaosSpartan said:
HA HA HAAA! That would be EPIC XD

Awesome job man. I can't wait to see it completely finished.

-points to the bottom of her signature- :D

I'm too short to be a Sangheili T_T
Lol, my favorite alien race! Thanks a bunch Chaos.
( I find that Ironic, your name is ChaosSPARTAN but you love Elites. :p)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back