Arcticoblivion's Hd Mkvi Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArcticOblivion

Hi, I thought I'd introduce myself before I get down to business. I've been lurking here for over a year or so now and have made a one full pep suit last September and several additional pieces.

I'm currently upgrading to the HD pieces starting with FS's HD MKVI... or two if you want to get technical. I made the tester at 26.5cm which seemed to fit pretty well so I then started the actual one at 26.5 which seemed really small to me. My girlfriend and I took measurements and decided to change to 30.0cm which now seems too big.

So I was wondering if I could get some feedback? I'm not sure if one is too small and the other is too large and I need to start again or if one looks good. I haven't finished either of the actual helms yet (obviously). But also included is the tester. I apologize for the low quality of the pictures but I've misplaced my camera so I had to resort to my phone.

The tester:
[attachment=6517:helmet.jpg]

The 26.5cm helm:
[attachment=6518:new_face.jpg]

The 30.0cm:
[attachment=6519:face.jpg]

Thank you for any help!

Not bad. Welcome to the 405th. :D I think the 26.5cm helm is a lot better size wise. So just finnish it up, add some resin, bondo and you're good to go.

If you feel that the 26.5cm is too small and the 30cm is too big... maybe you could settle in the middle of around 28.5cm? it would help, b/c don't forget to consider that you might want some additional room for padding or anything if you consider it

The 26.5 will probably be too small once you glass it and put padding in. I'd say 28cm would be about right. As Jas01 said, 28.5 would be acceptable once you pad it. It won't be that much bigger and you won't look like a bobblehead.

I have quite the fat head yet 27.5 is pretty good for me so I'd probably aim for that or 28 at the very maximum, by the way, nice folds.

Thank you for the feedback and suggestions.

I'm torn between restarting with a 28 or 28.5; which is to say that the 28 is printing now and I'll post pictures of that when I've made the same progress in a day or two and decide if I want to go up to a 28.5. I'm planning on putting a lot of attachments and padding in the helm, but I'd rather it look right than be comfortable.

I knew my head was big, but I never expected it to be this big rofl. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back