Are Artists Takeing Halo Toys Too Far?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think this thread is funny....have you guys seen the movie "300"? there armor is every limited

link4044 said:
i think this thread is funny....have you guys seen the movie "300"? there armor is every limited

Spartan Mankinis, anyone?

Last edited by a moderator:
I had the idea for a con costume at Dragon*Con to wear my 300 Spartan Cap on top of my armor and either make an extra set of cod armor and paint it brown, or make a "Sparto" large enough to fit over the armor and go as a Spartan SPARTAN

ImaGonnaGetYou said:
This. Also, I clearly remember some female Spartan wallpaper some guy made a while ago and posted here, and nobody seemed to care even though it was obviously made with sex appeal in mind. Then there's that "sexy Spartan WIP" that nobody seems to be bashing anymore, and countless other things that would be better to oppose than some guy with some free time and clay.

EDIT: And Tafumi's got a great point. The same people who BAW about other people thinking armoring is silly are the ones saying that sculptures are silly. How ironic how it works out.

As I recall, it caused quite the uproar actually.

When I say that, I mean it upset two or three uptight pansies.

With female armor like the ones shown, at least they go down in one pistol shot, like Hunters do.. LOL

I am torn when looking at these action figures...

Part of me is screaming, "THAT ISN'T ACCURATE TO THE HALO CANON!" Halo armor is unisex and fairly straightforward. Not to mention that she would TOTALLY be exposed to enemy fire, which defeats the armor's purpose.

The other part of me slaps the first part and screams, "HOT GIRL IN HALO SUIT, YOU DUMMY!"

Both sides have convincing arguments...

It's just a matter of opinion,I apploud their creativity however I personaly would like to to be able totell the difference between male and female spartans,I'm not talking about scantly clade,more of a sleeker profile that is my 2 cents.by the way the 300 workout absolutly does work but way to tuff for me.

CPU64 said:
With female armor like the ones shown, at least they go down in one pistol shot, like Hunters do.. LOL

Ha.That's funny,but true.What if she had to jump just 100 feet in the air.Think of landing in snow or arctic freezing water!Or landing on a hot metal roof on a hot day.Or the flood.She'll be runny in circles to escape!

I can honestly say the armor designs on these sculpts are creative and well executed. As a woman, I can also say, I'd never wear it in a MILLION years.

I appreciate the stylistic choice of the sculptors, but translate those designs into wearable armor and I doubt you could walk as far as the battlefield. :)

BTW, the mankini idea isn't so bad. But c'mon guys, safety first - don't forget your helmet!

People do stuff mostly because they can, not because they should. In best cases, both. Add a bit of creativity, and if you want, love, stir, let it cool down and you have a selling product. In this case, we skip the cooling(No mean to offend anyone)

My opinion

_JustMe

All it really is is something nice/pleasant to have/look at. Just like it's more pleasant to hear a female voice from a computer then a man's voice, It's just better.

Who said it was Cannon? It's just a nice thing, everybody loves nice things...

The yellow suit is definantly my choice. It looks functional to me. But when I think of all this talk about semi-nudity and all that wish-wash, I cant help but think of a borderline nude cortana in all of her curvacious glory.

This has in no way been taken too far, every artist has the right to be "artistic". Considering this is not even close to some pictures you will find on the internet...

I mean, in the end everyone is "nude", there is nothing special about it really.

Personally, I like the way the armor fits on the LAST sculpt. Not too crazy how the underarmor is shown unzipped like that, but for my hayabusa build, I am trying to go for a more feminine approach. I wasn't too crazy about the first one since the stomache area is showing, however, I WAS planning to do that for mine, but decided to just wear something that fully covers my body. :p

These sorts of armor are not only unnecessarily provocative, they are completely impractical for combat. Plasma weapons easily burn away exposed flesh right down to the bone. They're a deathwish on the battlefield.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back