Are Rubie's Gloves/arm Pieces Worth It?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enrisan

Hey I was looking at the Rubie's glove set they sell and they look pretty decent, price isn't bad either.
I just wanted to know if they are worth buying due to the quality. I have no idea what they are made of or how strong they are...but $30 for gloves and molded handplates and forearms sounds good.

http://www.urban-collector.com/hamachgl.html

here's a site with a bigger picture, more expensive though:
http://www.halloweencostumes4u.com/Merchan...ct_Code=rub8271

Has anyone bought a set of these? I may consider ordering these and repaint them anyways, if they totally suck then I can try returning them.

yeah, theyre just normal paintball gloves, theyre pretty cool but do get uncomfortable after a while.

i dont know much about the forearms and handplates, but i have a pair of the gloves used, and theyre pretty accurate, but they get somewhat uncomfortable.

look at the link you put up it says pre-order :p

its not out yet but i think it would be awesome to sell pieces separately, as for the helmet it needs to be burned :D

Assassin716 said:
look at the link you put up it says pre-order :p

its not out yet but i think it would be awesome to sell pieces separately, as for the helmet it needs to be burned :D

yeah I know, but I went to a few websites and some of them said Ready to Ship....so I'm not sure.

silvercookie said:

No the suit looks like crap to me, but the forearm pieces are pretty much the only thing that looks good. Combined with a pepakura suit, they might look pretty nice.

Last edited by a moderator:
i personally wouldnt bother... id just make my own

and yes, that helmet is completely the bad shape, if oinly they sold that undersuit seperately

Zenzeigan said:
i personally wouldnt bother... id just make my own

and yes, that helmet is completely the bad shape, if oinly they sold that undersuit seperately

yea that would be really helpful.
but no, why should a company that already knows they are gonna make a ton sell it seperately.

Last edited by a moderator:
ehh, I just wish I knew how strong they are. I'll just have to wait until these are out and see what buyers think.

Up to you, man. They look alright, but I can't tell much from the pictures. I don't know how tight your budget is, but I think for $30 they'd be worth the gamble.

Anyone else notice that Urban Collector links to our portal? Weird; I mean they're trying to sell armour, why turn people toward making it themselves?

Well... I totally agree with you guys on the helmet, it's junk! (I would, however, consider buying the cheap $10 just to salvage the visor. Maybe it would work?) Anyways, the gloves/gauntlets do look like they're worth the shot, and you're right, returning them is always an option. :D

I don't think the visor is worth it. It's just a visor with a decal plastered on it. Althought that might make a good
guide line...

I don't think the helmet is worth it, the visor is probably some cheap, clear plastic.
I'm just interested in the forearm/gloves.

I think I'll just keep working on my pep suit, by the time I'm almost done with it these should be up for sale then I can see what people say about them. I got nothing to lose anyways if I can return them later if I don't like them.

Enrisan, I completley agree with you. I personally like the forearms and gloves.. But the rest of the suite is crap.. It might be worth the investment.. But if theyre only $30 i dont think youl be getting very high quality stuff.. Il just wait and find out. Might be worth the buy because the look half decent.

I don't know, they look a little glossy to me, especially in the second link. I don't think they will look right with a homemade one with the gloss. But it's up to you man, those are just my two cents.

Possibly with a new paint job they'd fit right in?

I know I considered these, but made my own instead. I guess I'll just wait for a review.

Ixius

well a new paintjob is a must for me, I just want to know how good they are. I'll just make my own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back