Arg. Another noob question from me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
HAHAHA. I have the dumbest questions I swear. I went to go print the "thigh" in pepakura, and noticed that some pieces wont fit on one sheet of paper. Is this normal? Ironically the right and left thigh are the last things I'm doing and now I'm stuck. ARG Im a noob!

Well, if you look through it you can edit the pieces and break them up to fit them on different sheets.

Took me ages to find out how, but it works.

Off to do my Recon helm

LukeTrocity said:
HAHAHA. I have the dumbest questions I swear. I went to go print the "thigh" in pepakura, and noticed that some pieces wont fit on one sheet of paper. Is this normal? Ironically the right and left thigh are the last things I'm doing and now I'm stuck. ARG Im a noob!
Have you checked the paper size? See if the file is meant for A4 or letter size.

You can try and adjust the margins. Try setting them at their lowest possible value (5). That usually frees up enough space. If that fails, move the pieces away from the margins and towards the center. If that too fails, use the "Join/Disjoin Face" feature to break up the pieces into smaller ones.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ral Partha said:
Have you checked the paper size? See if the file is meant for A4 or letter size.

You can try and adjust the margins. Try setting them at their lowest possible value (5). That usually frees up enough space. If that fails, move the pieces away from the margins and towards the center. If that too fails, use the "Join/Disjoin Face" feature to break up the pieces into smaller ones.

Yea, my paper size is letter. All values 5, I followed the tutorial that I have been following (sizing wise). The only thing I haven't tried was the Join/disjoin option. Ill try that I suppose. I just didnt want there to be a weak spot, or a crease where there shouldn't be.

Well, who's files are you using? My files have all the pieces fit on one page with a full MC sized scale. I don't think you're taller than that, so it should be fine if you use mine.

Robogenisis said:
Well, who's files are you using? My files have all the pieces fit on one page with a full MC sized scale. I don't think you're taller than that, so it should be fine if you use mine.
Trying yours now.....

EDIT: Aren't yours a bit more advanced, and use a different scaling formula?

LukeTrocity said:
Trying yours now.....

EDIT: Aren't yours a bit more advanced, and use a different scaling formula?
No, his BASIC MK VI pack is pretty much the same build as Slyfo's files, but with some mistakes fixed. And his formula works the saaaame exact way the scaling formula does, but instead of using the formula, you just input your height (in inches) into where the scale goes. (It's at MC's height of 86 by default.)

EDIT: Oh, but that Join/Disjoin face tool can be a lifesaver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back