Ariochs Foam REACH chest attempt!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arioch

Ok hi again everybody!

I am attempting a foam build to go with my ODST helmet!

I started with high hopes, but I dont think its looking too pretty yet, lol.

Anyway here are a few pics from last night/tonight!

Here are my templates laid out on the foam
P1000696.jpg

Here is a partially cut out slab of foam
P1000697.jpg

Here is the second sheet of foam
P1000703.jpg

I still have about 4 more pieces to mark and cut out of a third sheet. Here are the cut out pieces so far.
P1000702.jpg

I dont have my glue gun here tonight, so I taped a few pieces together to see how it looked and started getting worried!
P1000700.jpg

Anyway, Its gonna take some work I think. I hope I find a way to make myself happy with it, but Im not sure itll happen at this point. Im just now getting the hang of cutting it and dremelling/sanding it.

Im currently thinking of ways to cover my flaws.

yea keep us updated on that. sure is a lot of parts though.

We definately need a more 'foam friendly' pep file.

i usually don't cut everything out at once, i Print out small sections that i work on and then cut that onto foam so i can plan how to fit them together. sometimes certain pieces can just be taped together and cut out as one giant foam piece rather then separate pep pieces you end up glueing together anyways. my build is in the sig if you want to see some of my progress.

I dropped my dremel last night and it bounced up and hit my ankle. I now have 8 staples holding the cut closed, so Ive been slowed down. But Im not stopping. Ill post more pics in a day or two.

So for those of you watching, dont be careless with your tools!

I dropped my dremel last night and it bounced up and hit my ankle. I now have 8 staples holding the cut closed, so Ive been slowed down. But Im not stopping. Ill post more pics in a day or two.

So for those of you watching, dont be careless with your tools!

Holy crap! That sucks man. My shirt got caught in my drill the other day. That's why I wear crappy clothes. Hope you're ok.

I also hope to see some more progress soon. Check out mine if you want. I got a bit done, but the chest is a son of a beesting.

Ya Ill be fine. It really never hurt or even bled much. but, its about 1-1 1/2 inches long and opened up about half that much. But Im walking fine, the staples hurt more than anything, lol. It just stings once in a while.

Your work is great just so you know, lol. Ive been watching your threads for awhile, never you from around here though.

If this first foam attempt craps out, Ill use it for zombie spartan armor. Dirty it up and put spikes/burns on it and bullet holes in the visor and helmet or something.

When tools attack, part IV.

Man that sucks, my dad had a similar problem with a circular cutter working on a door frame, cept it slipped and hit his arm, and tore into it bad.

Take it easy on that ankle, even if it's stitched/doesn't hurt a lot - you can still mess it up badly but moving it too much/stretching it.

Ok, more photos! Im actually surprised! Its NOT turning out to be a pile of crap so far!

P10007022.jpg

P10007032.jpg

P1000704.jpg

P1000705.jpg

P1000706.jpg

There you go! Ill have more before long!

the only thing i see that could be better is if you used a heat-knife to cut the pieces a little smoother, i found that you can kinda "melt" the edges with the knife, but remember... don't go crazy with the knife. I have a feeling that it's gonna be awesome, keep working! :)

Hey, any progress so far, mate/miss? Kinda looking into construction myself, so observation of how others handle it would be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back