Armor Builders In or Near Central Florida Going to Mega-Con

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey like i said before, im game for a get together, also the link the the megacon prices are here and im going to call tomorrow and see if they have open boths at close of registration, if we could get one for cheep, as we arnt selling anything.

Orlando is were I am at. Looking forward to do my first project. In this case a gravity hammer. Then Jorge armor. Problem being is that I am always busy with school sport practice.

Orlando is were I am at. Looking forward to do my first project. In this case a gravity hammer. Then Jorge armor. Problem being is that I am always busy with school sport practice.

I think everyone is Busy with a lot of things as well and that's where one of the more required tools of building (In my opinion) comes into play: Dedication. Even with a little of time put into your armor each day, You can whittle it down and have it done in no time. I Look forward to seeing pics d >u< b.

EDIT:
Ok I thought id cook something up for Dinasaur, and anyone else who is new to pepakura it simple guide to help you in your armor building. And no the colors dont have significance, Its just more fun that way :D

ArmorGuidelines.png

Ok, The recommended Order i would advise you to go with (Again in my opinion) Would be : 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19 THEN Number 1. Because if your new to Pepakura, Then you will work out any building kinks and fears by the time you get to the chest and helmet Thus making the two most important piece (=-= Again in my opinion) Look their best and Impress a lot of people. I hope this helps. Keep Building 405th RT Out.

P.S. The reason they are numbered in a sorta catywonky order is this was a picture i cooked up for a friend to list the basic pieces in a set of Armor.

Important message please read admins and mods!!!

Dear Admins, There has been speculation that this forum is dying, in fact worse that it is Dead. Now i know this Does not pertain to armor building but i do wish to state that it does. I wish to get a Booth set up at the up and Coming Mega-Con in Orlando Florida with me and how ever many members can go, there representing the 405th and exhibit our armor building skills. Now i have contacted the officials behind the Convention and this is what they have told me Word for word
"Ronald,

Thank you for the clarification. The cost for a 10X10 exhibit booth at our show is $725 for an interior and $850 for a corner. This includes a 10X10 pipe and draped area with (1) 8’ table, (2) chairs, (3) exhibitor badges, a small waste basket and company ID sign. The corner booths come with all described, plus (1) additional 8’ table.

Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any further questions."

Now If i have to I will try and collect the money for the booth myself, And yes i know it will be hard for me to collect 725$ in five months on m own but if it gets the booth so be it. Ill try. One of the many things i wish to know Is how much are the shirts and are they even available at this time or anytime between now and the convention because I would like to sell the shirts and promote the 405th. And in the end Donate whatever profits we attained from said shirts to a charity of the Admins choice or something. I just really wish to Show to all the people out there that the 405th isnt dead and its not even close to dying. I anxiously await a Reply for i do not even know if You have something planned for Mega-con or not.

P.S. The only reason I have posted this here is because i do not have access to any other forums for i am still considered a noob. Now i dont know how that works or anything im just explaining why this post is here and not in "General Discussion". Thank you for your time. Keep building 405th RT Out.

Let me throw a small kink in that plan, But first, I AM WILLING TO HELP FUND THIS,

Ok so the bad news, All payments are due NOvember 10th.... so thats not 5 months but 6 weeks AND a 40% deposit at registration.... I still not have not recived an email back on the posible discounted pricing.
Exhibitor Information

EDIT:Also in order to sell ANYTHING at megacon, we would need to establish a company, and report taxes.... that would be another $300+
As my company's paperwork has not come back yet, we are unable to use that.... Im going to shut up now before i make anyone start crying....

Hey guys, BLACKULA checking in. I can assure you that the 405th is alive and well. With that said, I look forward to seeing you guys at Megacon. I spoke with Hyper and he is planning on atteding as well. Also, I won't really be able to help out with funding this becaue I currently have my funds invested into the Elite build out and few other commission jobs. Again, I look forward to seeing you guys there and at the end of the day, if you can't get your table, we can still wreck house together...lol. Be good.

-Tony

Ok Guys im gonna Admit that this is seeming to be too big a task. And in that i mean Getting a both set up and all of that stuff. I think for this year alone we should just focus on getting our costumes together And meeting up At Mega-con and be ready, So that We can still wreck House Together lolz.I know for certain i am Going to Mega-con, And a few others are. At Minimum id like to be sure that at least five people are going and anymore than that well it will just make it all the more fun. Keep me appraised Because i am going to make a list of Attending, Possibly Attending, And Not sure for this Thread. Send me a personal message letting me knoe if you fall into any of those categories and ill get you edited into the list.

Mega-Con List of Attendees.

OK This is the List i previously mentioned:

Attending - Name----Costume/Outfit.

RTGCBT----Custom Spartan Suit.
BLACKULA727(Tony)----405th Shirt and Helmet. Also Accompanied by Cousin 1 & Cousin 2.

Possibly Attending - Name----Costume/Outfit.

Not Sure - Name----Costume/Outfit.

I'm in Ocala and definitely I'm hoping on making it to Mega-con, unfortunately my armor will be nowhere completed by thetime that happens :angry

Wish all of you had been at this year's MegaCon it was only me, Vrogy, and FuzzyBear that was there this year, but I still don't know if I'm going to try to make it back for 2012

I take it we are having a booth representing 405th? :D Ill try and come still. Sanding this MKVI helmet is hard for me. o_O

Wish all of you had been at this year's MegaCon it was only me, Vrogy, and FuzzyBear that was there this year, but I still don't know if I'm going to try to make it back for 2012

You should come if you can, I'd like to say hi! lol!

I take it we are having a booth representing 405th? :D Ill try and come still. Sanding this MKVI helmet is hard for me. o_O

I believe he mentioned that their wont be enough time to gather the necessary funds for a booth. I'll be there Regodless..lol!

Well it would be awesome to have you come and say Wazzup with us lolz. i look forward to seeing you if you do Come.

And sadly this year we will not be having a Booth and for two reasons, number one is because i thought it would be better to move in baby steps to be sure we can maintain control of a semi large group of people in a big Convention like Mega-Con before we fator a Booth into that. And secondly i wont be able to procure the funds in only six weeks. On the Flip side, (hehe) We will have a better chance to save up enough money to A get a Corner Booth, B Get the electricity figured out, C Get people to go, and D have awesome suits prepared and ready for the convention if we wait until Mega-Con 2013.

And sadly this year we will not be having a Booth and for two reasons, number one is because i thought it would be better to move in baby steps to be sure we can maintain control of a semi large group of people in a big Convention like Mega-Con before we fator a Booth into that. And secondly i wont be able to procure the funds in only six weeks. On the Flip side, (hehe) We will have a better chance to save up enough money to A get a Corner Booth, B Get the electricity figured out, C Get people to go, and D have awesome suits prepared and ready for the convention if we wait until Mega-Con 2013.

Yeah, I agree, I might finally have a suit by then..lol.

The only reason that I may not be able to go is that my health is failing everyday feeling worse and worse. But if I am feeling well I might attend, I won't be in a suit since my doctor has told me I can;t wear armor anymore or work with fiberglass or bondo anymore (even though sometimes I still do).

The only reason that I may not be able to go is that my health is failing everyday feeling worse and worse. But if I am feeling well I might attend, I won't be in a suit since my doctor has told me I can;t wear armor anymore or work with fiberglass or bondo anymore (even though sometimes I still do).

:( Man that stinks! Hope you feel better and hope we can see you there! I Mean its quite a waya away so Hopefully luck is on your side d >u< b!

I am definitely going to megacon. Not sure which day, might try for sat and sun, but hopefully all will go well with my build and it will be done and up to par...though i think i hit my first snag today. Should still have time. Also, I went last year and i didnt see any halo costumes. It made me sad.

I should be going to megacon, I am working on a custom reach build. would be awesome to hang out with other people in halo builds there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back