armor design?

Status
Not open for further replies.

callous

First off let me state that this is not 1/1 scale but 1/6 scale as that's the scale I work in but it's all still halo armor so I don't think this is too off topic. I'm playing around with different ideas on what certain components of the spartan armor might actually do. The pontoons on his back probably house his shield power supply and what not but I was thinking hey wouldn't it be cool to throw some jump jets in there? They could be fairly practical for cushioning long falls or adding extra height to a jump like a double jump. In space they could also be very useful. I'm gonna add some either way but what do you guys think of the idea?
mcjumpjets1.jpg

Callous I'm still AMAZED at your work.

I'm pretty sure that someone referenced those parts on his back as being ventilators of some sort. I'm sure someone with more knowledge of the fiction will be by shortly to clarify.

EDIT: I just realized that I was so googly eyed over seeing your work again that I replied without really answering your question...

Me, personally, I think it would look cool. I'd love to see different permutation of the Mjolnir armor, I think it feeds into the whole idea that it's military armor that may have gone through other variations than what the Chief uses day to day.

Reminds me of the concept armor and the high altitude drop equipment seen in the graphic novel.

conceptart.jpg

halo_2.jpg

disregard the highlighted thigh...I was thinking about what's on the back of the suit.

Here's some images of the completed suit. I'm just playing around with a copy.
finmc5.jpg

finmc6.jpg

finmcparts-1.jpg

Yeah I did doubt that there were jump jets hidden in there but I thought it'd be cool to put some in there anyway.

:shock:

It's beautiful. I've never seen it finished.

I'd love to see some sketches or something of the jump jets you're planning. I think it makes perfect sense, even if it isn't seen in the game... stuff like this expands the range of whats accepted.

Sean Bradley said:
halo_2.jpg

disregard the highlighted thigh...I was thinking about what's on the back of the suit.

i think that thing on his back is some kind of glider or a parachute

Last edited by a moderator:
ive never read the graphic novels, but im guessing that hes wearing the space-optimized MJOLNIR variant from the ghosts of onyx. therefore, that would be a jetpack of sorts/

~caboose

Incredible, and it's such clean production.

What kind of nozzles were you thinking for jets? RX-78 style I guess?

Thanks guys. I usually draw up exactly what I intend to sculpt but for this it was kind of spur of the moment and I don't exactly know how it'll all turn out in the end. I have no idea what I'll use for jets, something out of the old parts bin more than likely. I started this project when halo 2 came out and I still don't have it fully completed hahaha but I do plan to take a copy and make the mods to turn a set into halo 3 armor. It sounds easy enough but I know it'll be a lot of work. Right now I'm working on weapons. I have a battle rifle, a pistol and a rocket launcher started all halo 2 stuff but I'll eventually transistion to halo 3.
I do have a painting question for anyone who can help out. I need to know how to paint the visor with that high gloss polarized look. I know I cold find gold paint and seal it with high gloss but I'd really love to get that mirrored like effect. Anyone know?

:eek

My best guess is to go to one of the producers of mirrored chrome plastic parts, like all the Star Wars/Battlestar Gallactica costumers who do C-3PO, or Cylons. They would be able to gold chrome your parts if you send them...

Other than that I'm at a loss for anything that would look more chrome than gold ultrachrome paint.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back