Armor Finished

Status
Not open for further replies.

optimusaint

Member DIN
S504
ok, i filled out this thread twice already, and accidentally pressed "back" on my mouse, and it erased it all. so im not retyping it.

short version:
adam armor (straight out the molds, rough!)
sean helmet kit (cleaned up by Sean since he needed my helmet for his Spike TV shoot)
Motocross jacket (batman jacket didnt come in) and motocross pants (they zip to each other!)
gold and black paint.
yadda yadda

red ringed 360s make great helmet stands
gallery_2083_55_179514.jpg

frontal
gallery_2083_55_105634.jpg

striped like a saints helmet
gallery_2083_55_157546.jpg

the only shot of my ugly mug in the armor. everyone else took pictures of me in full armor, but they ran off before i could copy it.
gallery_2083_55_86499.jpg

Ragnarok118 said:
Looks GREAT man. Im just about to under go the starting of my suit build up. how long did it take you to put together?

the armor came in on thursday, the helmet on friday. i picked up the jacket, visors, and boots on saturday. all the while i was cutting, grinding, sanding, etc. i spent all day saturday primering, and all day sunday painting. i still have to rivet the boot armor to the boots, and make the dual layered visor tomorrow morning. i need rivets and some cutoff wheels, so im going to home depot as soon as they open.

Last edited by a moderator:
wow fast turn around, wearing it to launch?
I think im going to go black/gunmeta.l so do you feel badass wearing it? Also can you sit down in it?

Ragnarok118 said:
wow fast turn around, wearing it to launch?
I think im going to go black/gunmeta.l so do you feel badass wearing it? Also can you sit down in it?

yeah im wearing it to Monday Night Football tonight, and then going straight to Gamestop to pick up something like 10 reserved copies with my friends.

yes i can sit. id feel more badass in it if the temperature wasnt still in the 90s. New Orleans summer lasts from March to November.

Thanks Christi!

pepboy said:
looks great. hey unity its me ;)

thanks. glad you like it.

UPDATE! its crunch time! Monday Night Football is in 4 hours! i just finished attaching the foot armor to my boots (its a pretty nifty idea too, ill post pictures after i put them through the test tonight!), and i was trying to cut my dual shield visor, but unfortunately my battery powered dremel ran out of juice. i forgot to charge it overnight, c'est la vie!

LEDs are wired, just gotta go get batteries. wish me luck guys! and look for me on ESPN!!!! EVERYONE ENJOY HALO3 AT MIDNIGHT!!!

I love how when people paint their suits the color matches to how the person looks almost..

You and gold were ment to be :D

GruntOfAction said:
I love how when people paint their suits the color matches to how the person looks almost..

You and gold were ment to be :D

yeah, ive been rocking the gold on Halo forever! now i know ill never play with another color.

optimusaint said:
short version:
adam armor (straight out the molds, rough!)
sean helmet kit (cleaned up by Sean since he needed my helmet for his Spike TV shoot)
Motocross jacket (batman jacket didnt come in) and motocross pants (they zip to each other!)
gold and black paint.
yadda yadda
red ringed 360s make great helmet stands

Stealthkiller24 said:
holy @#%* that looks cool you have to teach me how to make armor like that

He BOUGHT it.

Damn, it looks SEXY with the Saints color. I like. Hope you get on ESPN!

well my friends who watched the game on TV said they didnt see me. i was on the jumbotron in the dome a few times, and i got my picture taken by several newspaper photographers AND the official New Orleans Saints photographers. ill probably end up on their website.

in my seat at the dome.
gallery_2083_55_142404.jpg

thats my best friend Billy with me, right before the saints game.
gallery_2083_55_111702.jpg

haha, nice. you actually look proper mc size next to your buddy to (is he like really short or somethin?)

good stuff man :)

Saint man.... that looks phenomenal!!!!!

The helmet and the armor match up really nicely, The color scheme is totally unique, and you're the right build for the chief!

Great photos!!!!

Can we expect to see some video???

cgspartan said:
haha, nice. you actually look proper mc size next to your buddy to (is he like really short or somethin?)

good stuff man :)

its cause i am the proper master chief size. im 6'3" barefoot. with the boots and helmet on, im like 6'8" or something. ill have to measure myself when im suited up!

Sean Bradley said:
Saint man.... that looks phenomenal!!!!!
The helmet and the armor match up really nicely, The color scheme is totally unique, and you're the right build for the chief!

Great photos!!!!

Can we expect to see some video???

thanks man!

that's the color scheme ive been running on halo since i first started playing. my friends hate that i play as gold, they tell me that i should pick a color that blends in better. i think its just because i stand out so much and still kill them a lot.

we videoed our trip to Gamestop, and its pretty funny. we also got various footage and pictures of the LAN party at my house, which is actually still going right now. i have work tomorrow, but the rest of my friends are still going strong!

optimusaint said:
its cause i am the proper master chief size. im 6'3" barefoot. with the boots and helmet on, im like 6'8" or something. ill have to measure myself when im suited up!

good on ya :) I know how that goes. i only ever do costumes of large intimidating guys, cause i'm 6'4 :p

is very nice to be a big guy sometimes

How'd you get a mold of Adam's armor? Where can I buy a complete MC suit at? I want one by halloween but between 2 jobs and school I don't have nearly any free time :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back