Armor For My Dog

Status
Not open for further replies.

vwnthusiast

Was sitting here 5am Sat morning on the East Coast of the US, and i came up with this totally out of there idea, so after i finish with my armor, i thought about taking some of the cardstock (if i have any left over) and some cardboard and making some armor pieces to put on my dog for the heck of it.. if i finish my armor before the 31st, i figured i could take some off time on a weekend and make the armor for him and get some pics... my dog is a Yellow Lab, White German Shepard mix, so he's very stocky and i totally think this would be awesome/fun to do

thoughts?

I'm worried about the chemicals used in the armor and the animals skin, comfort, and the possible ingestion of said items when it tries to eat armor. As far as a concept goes, cool idea, unfortunatly you're not the first. Here's some possible routes:
SPARTAN_K9_Unit_by_Junryou_na_Kokoro.jpg

Spartan_K9_Unit_117_by_Aki__Tenraku.jpg

Cheers,
Kensai

Lol those pictures are great kensai!!:lol: That's totally what I would have pictured it like. And @jas01 good luck! You'd definently be the first one to do this if you could pull it off! :lol:

kensai111 said:
I'm worried about the chemicals used in the armor and the animals skin, comfort, and the possible ingestion of said items when it tries to eat armor. As far as a concept goes, cool idea, unfortunatly you're not the first. Here's some possible routes:

Cheers,
Kensai

yea man, i wanna talk about this, its not something im just gonna jump into now, but this is good...

the first pictures is pretty boss, but i doubt i'll make a helmet, b/c i know he wouldnt like that so it'd probably have to be more body and legs on him kind of like the 2nd picture

as far as comfort, i'd definitely cushion it very well so it wouldnt scratch, itch, etc. on him and leave him with his flexibility

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a picture of my friends dog wearing a MC helmet... lol I'll try to find it. 'Seems like a pretty cool idea, if you can pull it off.

Keegan said:
Bah, why do MC armor?

Do a grunt! That would be cool!

hahahha grunt dog would be awesome!!! ill think about it :lol:

i personally was gonna more of a marine K9 dog b/c i put my helmet on him and he just shoved it right off so i know i cant do any mask on him :(

gamerguy55 said:
I have a picture of my friends dog wearing a MC helmet... lol I'll try to find it. 'Seems like a pretty cool idea, if you can pull it off.

ya man, get that pic up, any ideas or pics will help, b/c im really feeling a costume for my dog so i can be like hey guys, im a spartan.. WITH A KICK FREAKING DOG

That is such an awesome idea. I think you're right about avoiding the helmet. They make backpacks for dogs (sort of like a saddle) that you could VERY EASILY make some panels to velcro on the sides (add a few LEDs for bling) and I would recommend foam if you're going to do any sort of plating on your pup's legs. I bought those boots for my dogs (I have two weimariners) and they hated them (something to the effect of step, step, kick legs, buck a little, step, step, kick, looks to Asrai and gives the "Why are you doing this to me" look). No boots for my pups, but you're dog might love them. The only thing I would suggest is keep the heating factor in mind. Dogs don't perspire like we do, so be mindful how you dress him/her. I hope you get time to try this out. I'd love to see the pics!

Asrai said:
That is such an awesome idea. I think you're right about avoiding the helmet. They make backpacks for dogs (sort of like a saddle) that you could VERY EASILY make some panels to velcro on the sides (add a few LEDs for bling) and I would recommend foam if you're going to do any sort of plating on your pup's legs. I bought those boots for my dogs (I have two weimariners) and they hated them (something to the effect of step, step, kick legs, buck a little, step, step, kick, looks to Asrai and gives the "Why are you doing this to me" look). No boots for my pups, but you're dog might love them. The only thing I would suggest is keep the heating factor in mind. Dogs don't perspire like we do, so be mindful how you dress him/her. I hope you get time to try this out. I'd love to see the pics!

Yea, 1st in mind most definitely is gonna be keeping the dog cool while being able to wear the pieces, I'll have to make a note to draw a design of what i would like to do for the dog, and i most likely wont put any full boots on, maybe just covers.. 2nd important thing is comfort and flexibility for him

I love the idea, and it is one I will be doing hopefully after all my armor needs for me have been met. But I will be doing it for my kittehs instead, I think it'll be a little easier too since they have more of a human-esk head for the helm if I go that route. Keep us updated

PhantomSG13 said:
I love the idea, and it is one I will be doing hopefully after all my armor needs for me have been met. But I will be doing it for my kittehs instead, I think it'll be a little easier too since they have more of a human-esk head for the helm if I go that route. Keep us updated

hahahhahhahahahha :lol: spartan cats sounds like a fun time, i'll keep everyone updated for sure, the best way to keep any update on me actually working on dog armor would be to keep an eye out on my armor project and when its done, I'll be start on my dog's pieces, I just may start earlier depending on where I stand with the armor, but most definitely at the latest it would be late October, early November that I'd be beginning on it

Bah!
Do it, but watch that you don't hurt yer dog-CUZ IF YA DO I WILL BE GETTING YER ASS!!!!!!!
(btw how are you planning for the armor to stay on your dog?problem.

JustMe

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(just me(no one else) @ Sep 22 2008, 04:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Bah!
Do it, but watch that you don't hurt yer dog-CUZ IF YA DO I WILL BE GETTING YER ASS!!!!!!!
(btw how are you planning for the armor to stay on your dog?problem.

JustMe</div>

don't worry i won't hurt my dog, that's rather important to me and ill more than likely use either velcro or straps to hold it on

that was not my question-i mean, your dog might not like you putting armor on him/her.
(and i was kidding about havin your ass)

JustMe

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(just me(no one else) @ Sep 22 2008, 10:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>that was not my question-i mean, your dog might not like you putting armor on him/her.
(and i was kidding about havin your ass)

JustMe</div>

ya I know you were kidding :D but I get what you mean by Bimmer (a he) not liking it, but I'll probably still make it, make it VERY comfortable so it wont bother him and hope he'll run around in it for a few pictures with me

so figuring out stuff in my head, im probably gonna use a cardboard base and once i have the design base to fit around him, im gonna add foam to the bottom and then wrap with cloth around the edges so to him its just a like wearing a vest or something but really, its freaking sweet armor to make my comstume look a bit better

kensai111 said:

Cheers,
Kensai
i personally like the first one because the second shows too much of the dog and its probally easy to kill but the first one is just freakin awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back