Armour Camo Pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.

mustang2500

Hey guys, I was looking on Google when I stumbled upon these very cool pictures.

RedUrbanArmor.jpg

FHAvatar.jpg

UrbanArmor.jpg

TigerStripeArmor.jpg

JungleArmor.jpg

This really doesn't look too hard to do on a set of armour, and from what you can see it looks awesome.

Here's the rest of the guy's album: http://s268.photobucket.com/albums/jj6/SK_CRISIS/Custom%20Armor/

What so you guys think? I'm really tempted to paint some type of camo on something now! (Maybe it's time for some armour? Yeah right... it'd take me years... :p)

got armour said:
Is this from halo 3 ??? How did they make that

Photoshop or something similar I suppose. It's not that difficult editing a picture with todays software.

I like the idea of camo armour. I'd love to see some made.

Last edited by a moderator:
Both of these look positively SICK! (in the best possible way). Might have to do my next armor like that... hmmm... Digital Camo... City colors... :)

Well, the photo is a bit washed out in the florescent lights... but Urban Digi Camo Look on ODST thighs, picture is a from a while back before the suit was finished, but you get the idea....

Spase said:
Painted a helmet multicam a while back...

That looks really good! I really like the dark camos, where the colours are very close together.

Spase said:
Well, the photo is a bit washed out in the florescent lights... but Urban Digi Camo Look on ODST thighs, picture is a from a while back before the suit was finished, but you get the idea....

That is amazing as well! The lines are so crisp and nicely laid out! Did you use an airbrush for these pieces of art?

Man, I have soooo many types of camo I want to paint, but sooo little guns... Sad face :(.

I think I'm gonna paint my paintball gear red urban camo (similar to the pic) because I usually play paintball indoors, and it looks plain sick. Unfortunately the second I do play outside I'll stick out. A lot.

Spase said:

That is SWEET! Man I wish I had more than just the one armor I'm working on... In my opinion, picking the perfect paint scheme has to be the hardest part of the build... lol

lordzoabar said:
That is SWEET! Man I wish I had more than just the one armor I'm working on... In my opinion, picking the perfect paint scheme has to be the hardest part of the build... lol

Dude, that's the hardest part with anything. You have no idea how much thought I put into whether I should paint my Airsoft M4 half tan, or half OD. It also especially sucks when you finish it, like it for a few days, then want something else.

AceHigh said:
Photoshop or something similar I suppose. It's not that difficult editing a picture with todays software.

I like the idea of camo armour. I'd love to see some made.

I'm making ODST armor with a new camo that I made for a fictional invasion after the end of the covenant-human war of the grunt homeworld

1216936667_Water-Camo.jpg

mustang2500 said:
Dude, that's the hardest part with anything. You have no idea how much thought I put into whether I should paint my Airsoft M4 half tan, or half OD. It also especially sucks when you finish it, like it for a few days, then want something else.

I can imagine... They should totally include a "paint" feature with the next Pepakura update... that way we could try out different colors in 3D... just a thought...

@lordzoabar... There is an ability to assign a texture to a file before it is inserted into Pep, thereby giving the finished pep piece a "finish" look once assembled. Most pep files are this way, as the original intent of Pepakura was to make paper models that did not require finishing work once glued together.

Prop builders have simply re-tasked pep in such a way that the texture files are not necessary when building a prop using this method.

Spase said:
@lordzoabar... There is an ability to assign a texture to a file before it is inserted into Pep, thereby giving the finished pep piece a "finish" look once assembled. Most pep files are this way, as the original intent of Pepakura was to make paper models that did not require finishing work once glued together.

Prop builders have simply re-tasked pep in such a way that the texture files are not necessary when building a prop using this method.

Right, I had seen that done on a few files around here, but don't you need to buy the password for Designer for that? or is that something that a Modeler does before actually putting it in pep?

its really not that hard to do camo maybe I'll paint a helmet to do a proof of concept. I'll post pics later when I get money to paint it.

Roadwarrior said:
Holy S&^%! What's with the Mini pelican on his arm o_O .

Sniper plate. He's a right handed shooter so when he's looking down the gun on his right side, the shoulder armor prevents a shot from the left.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back