• no

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • its close enough

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Master Chief 13

I recently completed this helmet using pepakura and REGULAR printer paper (gasp!) and then filled the inside with armour coat low expanding foam its dried almost rock solid. but am i the only one that thinks its too wide on the sides etc. i will not take offense if anyone says it is i just need your guys' opinion

(P.S i am to lazy to do the whole photo bucket thing so i just made it my avatar)

_master chief _13

Edit; the pics are further down

Master_Chief_13 said:
I recently completed this helmet using pepakura and REGULAR printer paper (gasp!) :lol: and then filled the inside with armour coat low expanding foam its dried almost rock solid. but am i the only one that thinks its too wide on the sides etc. i will not take offense if anyone says it is i just need your guys' opinion

(P.S i am to lazy to do the whole photo bucket thing so i just made it my avatar)
_master chief _13

well your laziness doesn't give us much detail :whistle: ... there is a button at the bottom-right of your reply page that says "browse" meaning that you can upload a picture to your reply.

Post a bigger picture up!!! easier to give feedback on. (y)

Last edited by a moderator:
heres another

ironic i used armour coat foam to make my armour

these other pictures show the other pieces of armour i made from foam as well

Thanx,post lots of comments :D

Well the reason you think that it is too wide is because your helm warped ALOT since you used paper and add that relatively heavy foam to the weak paper.

I made a paper helmet, and then i made a cardstock helmet. it turned out so much better with cardstock. What they say is true about it, they don't say that to waste your money.

So when you redo it, cut out the pieces, score the edges with a pen (red and blue to distigush the parts) then glue together, if you work straight through without a break it shold take you a about 6 -7 hours. That is if you can stay up late!! :lol:

I'll put up references between paper and cardstock for my helmets, you'll understand.

BTW 13 days 18 hours 49 mins and 30 seconds according to my time. GET CUTTING! lol

Hey Master Chief glad to see you started your helm.Like its been said before you should use cardstock and even harden it a bit more with something like resin or if thats not an option ive bought this stuff that hardens rotten wood and makes it stiff like rock.its goog that your layering the faom cuz that will make it stronger to.As to foaming the armor i still havent been able to pefect that yet.I was thinking of putting long balloons in them then spaying in the foam then pop them when its dry to leave opening for arms and legs etc.

Motive8 said:
I was thinking of putting long balloons in them then spaying in the foam then pop them when its dry to leave opening for arms and legs etc.

Amazing thought!!! I'm using it now!! lol

Last edited by a moderator:
no offence to you at all, but i would remake the helm, its really warped, do it now before the sanding/detailing stage, use cardstock like they said.. you will save alot of frustration..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back