Armour Scaling Tutorial- Its a privilege, not a right

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will see what I can do to post the edited tutorial up Friday night. I want to try and keep out of the heat just for a few days, then I will begin to start answering questions again. I have received approximately 392 E-mails and numerous members asking why I took the tutorial down. I assured them all its just down for repairs, and it will be back up ASAP.

Also, as a “I’m sorry for my behavior” I have started a tutorial that will hopefully replace the current “How to use Pepakura to Make Your Armour- Tutorial”. The old tutorial is extremely outdated (Pepakura Designer 2 outdated) so I figure we could use a new one of those.

Hey, well thats good to hear. Thank you! And yes, we could use a new one of those lol. Too many posts and people asking for it to be stickied.

hope u will find a solution with the 405th. i joined this community yesterday found all stuff i need to build a mark iv suit except your Scaling Tutorial. i would be extremely grateful if you upload it again beacause this noobies like me are dependent on your help and skill.

crap man! Sucks you have been gettin the same treatment as Acehigh.. anyways, thanks for the time you did put into all your threads!! THey have helped me many, many times. Thanks again.

Woooo ... that sounds pretty discriminating although try to pretend otherwise, I have already explained in other post that my English is not even the best is concise, but I understand what others say and try to express myself as best I can, in the same way try to help those who do not fully understand this language and who are interested in 405th.com and everything it contains.

I finish my words poorly expressed saying...
If you think that express yourself well is an impediment to learn in other languages or other ideas, I challenge you to try to express in Spanish clearly, as I try to speak in your native language
And that was my point. Since you can't speak English as well (or at least, I assume you can't, since it's not native) as an American or a Brit, he shouldn't discriminate against you, under my suggestion. People who ARE from English-speaking nations should speak English properly and concisely, at least to give that little something in return for the help they're requesting. If you're doing your best to kinda put something together in a language that is not your own, it's really out of your control to have better English, and I think that's a valid excuse for poor English, and he should not use that as a criterion for who he helps, if you're not English-speaking.

Basically, I mean if you're doing your best to speak it right, you shouldn't be discriminated against, but if you're just stupid, you don't deserve his aid.

And your English is better than quite a few of the Americans, here, man. I know for a fact I'd never speak Spanish as fluently.

Sorry for stealing your thread, Tactics.

First, I offer an apology for my behavior to all the comunity, but it sounds to me very discriminating; Second, thank you very much @nrettenmaier, which also clarifies some of this and @SchizophrenicMC, because properly understand your point of view in this second post you make.

Now taking what Xtreme-Tactics-101, I think it's not that threaten those who do not speak English, or those who speak it natively, I think his anger was because he made a tutorial, and it is assumed that a detailed tutorial, and said step by step what to do.

So it is to understand that if they 500 mails and most wondering the same thing, that did not take a moment to read the Tutorial 2 or 3 times, then it's very annoying... 'cause he doesn't have all the time to answer these mails

And it's clearly the fault of those who don't takes the time to read again the tutorial, or google it.. even if you are lazy and not read it all. but it is also unfair to believe that the creator, the model, the unfold, tutorial, video, etc, have the time to answer every question

i really appreciate that many of the creators of 'something' here for the site, takes a part of their time to answer many questions; Xtreme says it is not right the tutorial, I would say it is not a privilege, not a commitment or an obligation, if someone takes the time to do something for all to do a tutorial at least we can do, is given Thanks and credit for its creation.

Agreed, Herzleid. My point was simply that if you're going to ask a question, it's rude to ask it in poor English, if you can speak it better. (If you can't speak it any better, it's not rude at all) If someone is going to be rude, I know I wouldn't help, and I don't think Tactics would be at all motivated by that, either.

And you're right, I'm sure most of the questions are answered if one reads carefully through the tutorial again. I know I understood it all.

Again, thanks, Tactics, because your tutorial is the only reason I'm still here.

I just saw this thread about the tutorial, and I was like "No way!!!", because I have followed your guide to scale my ODST helmet, and since I havent had so much time Ive spent weeks cutting and folding. (And I wanted to start glueing tomorrow :) )

Now I am on about page 22, and I see that my printer printed ONE single piece wrong, and I have to re-print it. The thing is that I used your measurments you had on your pic of the odst (and the measurement on how long the odst head was), around 4 cm, but then there was some decimal I need to find know.

I havent tried any of your tutorial before, so this ODST helmet will be the first. I really appericiated the tutorial while it was here, but I just need that measurement that was on the head of the ODST that you had written on a sheet of paper on your tutorial, so I am asking kindly if you can send a mail to my hotmail/send me an instant messeage on MSN about it :) It would be really appericiated.

Thanks alot for your tutorial, and I really hope its gonna be up as soon as possible :)

good for you dude. if you offer a free service to a community and they use it then spit on you, you should take it down. you have nothing to be sorry about if people have mistreated you, and if people complain your not being fare, to hell with them. you have helped this community more than any other member, and if people will not treat you fairly and with respect you owe them nothing. I am behind you 100% with the removal of the tut. and seriously, isn't getting it wrong a good way to learn how to do it right? I never used the tut to scale a piece of armor. I just took some measurements and had at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back