Arthraxis' Odst Build (56k Warning)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthraxis

Jr Member
Well I'm going to start a post regarding the ODST that I'm building, I'll also start a blog on my profile.

Here are the first images:

Cell Phone pic, I had just moved so I need to dig out my camera. The top one is the original with all of the measurements, the two bottom are the ones going to be used, this is just the lower part of the ODST shoulder. I chose to go with the ingame shoulders as the WETA ones look small and useless, those parts are just the overlay parts, I still need to do the thinner part that they rest on before doing the upper shoulders. Should have more pics in a few hours with the lower shoulder bases done and hopefully the upper shoulder area.

Main Reference Used:

^^^ The shoulders on that one are too angled compared to the other ingame renders, it was used mainly for the top area. ^^^

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Crits and suggestions are welcomed, these were made after studying various reference pictures and looking up close ingame, they are roughly the same scale as ingame.

If all goes well I will have them glassed, primed and painted by this weekend.

The rest of the suit will be done in pep and also posted in this thread.

Thanks.

looks good, it seems that alot of people are making odst armor these days but i have to admit it is really cool.

can't wait to see it finished :lol:

Yeah, looks like it happened over night, one day one a handfull of Halo 2 ODST were being attempted, now there are atleast a good dozen suits being made.

Yeah, I've had all these pep models back here but this is a project that I'm 100% commited to so I chose to post my progress, should have more pics coming soon.

EDIT: Top part done, need to outline and cut out two others, glue the sides and it's ready for fiberglass/resin.

Looks good, looks to scale, I'm still gonna' put the layering ontop and below it, probably in a bit, CoD4 match right now :p.

Reference Used:

What do ya' guys think?

Well I'm only doing the scratchbuild on the shoulders because the WETA ones suck, the rest I'm doing WETA pep but yeah, it's coming along nicely, when I trace it I may make the sides fan out a bit more.

Yes, WETA everything except for shoulders, the WETA shoulders are way too damn small.

EDIT:

Well I cut out both of the top parts, they're still kind of rough but the whole set is almost done, I will do the thinner parts that go under them tommorow.

(The one on the left looks kind of weird because of the angle of that picture and the fact that it's not folded 100%, but in reality it's perfectly fine. Bleh, the black outline I quickly did also makes everything look like it's not symmetrical.)

What do you guys think so far?

paradoxdj said:
it's going really good so far, are you gonna make the helmet with cb or pep?

Helmet and rest of the armour will be Pep, I don't have the patience, resources or skill to make it entirely out of CB, I may attempt some of the flat parts on the chest rig out of CB as well, but most likely Pep.

Last edited by a moderator:
Quick update before bed, added some layering on the top shoulder piece, these are rough pieces and will be used as tracers as I'll be doing the layering with thinner pieces of cardboard.

Same Reference image used as above, thanks for the comments so far guys and goodnight.

EDIT:

Did some more layering cutouts and quick taping to show how it'll look, again more rough work.

Looks like I'll be trimming the lower portion a bit and cutting out a smaller version for the layering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back