Artisan versus Craftsman. Does it matter? (WORD HEAVY)

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.theonion.com/articles/nation-shudders-at-large-block-of-uninterrupted-te,16932/
Anyways, I believe that what we do relies more on the art of making our own way into halo armor rather than the craft of simply reading a manual. I consider myself an artist, and although i use pre-modeled pepukura often, i sincerely doubt that the outcome is anything like (other than the shape) what the original modeler intended. We all add our own tweaks and improvisations to our armor and i think that makes this an art rather than a craft or trade.

@RoxyRoo- Thank you friend you are too kind. And I promise, no more "essays", as you say. Also, just as an FYI Your sig quote has been an inspiration to me.

@Sithslayer-I will heed the paw.
3015062728_6b27f9a6ae.jpg
But before I do let me just say. I certainly feel as if I'm a bit wiser now from when I started this thread. And your post is a good summation of what I'm starting to realize. Whether it's a pep file or a cnc machine or poplar or foam, the common denominator to all these disciplines is that personal touch. That special thing that makes it your own and therefore unique.

Attachments

• 3015062728_6b27f9a6ae.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 128
@Sithslayer-I will heed the paw.
But before I do let me just say. I certainly feel as if I'm a bit wiser now from when I started this thread. And your post is a good summation of what I'm starting to realize. Whether it's a pep file or a cnc machine or poplar or foam, the common denominator to all these disciplines is that personal touch. That special thing that makes it your own and therefore unique.
Just in case, I wasn't saying it was annoying lol I was just noting at people's (somewhat disappointing) displeasure at reading long blobs of text. I really liked it! I love internet discussions that don't turn into meme wars...

Attachments

• 3015062728_6b27f9a6ae.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 136
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back