Assassins Creed 2 Hidden Blade W.i.p.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what I managed to bang out today after work. Took a trip to Hobby lobby and to Home Depot.

Excuse the Fuzzyness of the Shots, my camera is only good for nothing.

Also Please disregard the Dates on the Pictures

This shows the Cam and the Scissor Jack in the Recoiled and retracted position

PICT0006.jpg

This shows the Cam and the Scissor Jack in the Extended position

PICT0007.jpg

This is a detail shot of sorts, showing the spring used to help in the retraction after use.

I need to put another on the front.

PICT0009.jpg

This shows everything laid out.

1. Base Board
  2. 2 Washers
  3. Scissor Jack Mechanism
  4. Cam

PICT0008.jpg

The scissor jack is made out of Mini Popsicle sticks. I used a Machinists' square to ensure all of the holes are drilled correctly and spot on with the next. I used Brass Fasteners to Hold them together. Have yet to add another spring to the Scissor Jack, and I need to get a Constant force spring to make the cam exert a "retractable force" against my hand so when I lower my hand it (the hidden blade) retracts.

I have already completed the blade & Scabbard (part the the fist holds) portion, I will not divulge that as it is a engineering problem that I had immense fun trying to figure out. And someone serious who is trying to figure out this device as a whole will view it likewise.

So what do you think?

Yes, I'm working off of what I've managed to Gleam off of the hours of searching on the internet. But I hope to Update in a couple days or so. I need to get some machining done.

AWSOME!Are you going to post a tutorial of this?And can you send me a pm of some blueprints or something?I've been dieing to make one of these.

Yes, I hope to. Once it is fully finished, I will post a tutorial and blueprints. But what I have, and will post can get some people thinking about better designs.

I DO have a update but I unfortunately am not in possession of my camera right now. I have added a slide to the baseboard to allow the Scissor jack to slide smoothly forwards and backwards.

I'll try to explain:

PICT0008-1.jpg

But My only concern is that while I am only applying light force to the mechanism, as it is made out of Popsicle sticks. It is sticking and not wanting to extend fully. Does anyone have an Idea to help?

*NOTE* I have added a bigger, weaker spring that attaches to the "anchor point" (the dowel) and the other end at the end of the Scissor jack. it extends pretty easy and snaps back in quite nice.

PICT0006-1.jpg

Real Pictures when I can, hopefully tomorrow.

Ok, I've got the hidden blade rigged up with a piece of wiring (Very strong) and It works! at least the first of the collapsing segments.

Sorry for no real pics yet. I was with one of my buddy's and I put my camera in my pocket, he grabbed me in a chokehold, I wrestled free, and grabbed him in a policeman hold. Then he kicked backwards (unbeknownst to us cracking the camera's screen) and we stopped, later that day I took out the camera to take a picture of something and I realized the screen was cracked. Its cool though, I was meaning to get a new one anyway.

much like this...ahem

Last edited by a moderator:
Spartan-124 said:
Ok, I've got the hidden blade rigged up with a piece of wiring (Very strong) and It works! at least the first of the collapsing segments.

Sorry for no real pics yet. I was with one of my buddy's and I put my camera in my pocket, he grabbed me in a chokehold, I wrestled free, and grabbed him in a policeman hold. Then he kicked backwards (unbeknownst to us cracking the camera's screen) and we stopped, later that day I took out the camera to take a picture of something and I realized the screen was cracked. Its cool though, I was meaning to get a new one anyway.

much like this...ahem

LOL.That guy needs to learn that WIIs do not have HD games,therefore ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE PLAYED ON AN HD TV!They are ment for tiny little box TV's that have dials and are only black and white.Back on topic,Awsome job so far!maybe you can shoot me a PM of you ideas.

And someone serious who is trying to figure out this device as a whole will view it likewise

I'm definitely the type who has already tried! Lol After a couple of hours of brainstorming, I concluded that because the design was spring loaded, there would probably be a need for two seperate spring mecahnisms. One that was relatively weak to eject the blade and lock it, and a stronger one to retract the blade, while also retracting the first weak spring, and locking it in the closed position, ready for another deploy.

So, basically the blade is retracted and locked in place, one weak spring unlocks and ejects the blade locking it in the open position, then a stronger spring unlocks the blade from the open position and retracts the blade, thereby resetting the smaller spring, and locking it closed again. I'm not sure if your design is similar, or even if I made any sense, but reagrdless, I would love to know when you make enough progress to prepare a blueprint! Something like that would be a goldmine to any fan of the series. (Like me) :)

Yes, I will eventually release a blueprint. But I will wait until It is finished so people will not be making a malfunctioning Hidden Blade?

Does anyone know of a Free Full-version of a 3D modeling or drafting program? I'm trying to make the blueprints of the Gun. That'll be my next conquest.

Ok, So this is what I've got, Enjoy and comment

can someone tell me how to embed, because the link youtube gives me will not work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back