Soft Parts Assassin's Creed * 45% Done*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Night Star

Jr Member
2/4 of the costume is made .

only got one gunlet made atm till i make the plates for the left arm and also find some buckle straps .

th_assWEPone.jpg

the belt i've even barly started on , and the vest/drape is only pinned together atm .
assassincreedpro2.jpg

Any ideas on how to make the gut belt be tight to your body?

Stretchy material or just attached a big belt on the inside of the gut belt?

you could attatch strong velcro to the joins, it would be easier than attaching leather buckles and it would appear to blend in.

im also making this costume, and im going to attach it at the back with snaps, what type of material are you using?

all cotton , i dunno the name ,colour white , £4 per metre 150cm wide .

need at least 2.5 metres to do the vest/drape and the hood

the red sash i'l find out for tomorrow , £2 a metre

dunno if it's called peather , fake leather also used for cars .

£8 per metre 150cm wide .
need 1.5 metres to do the , brace's , boots , gut belt.

and the buckles , i'm still looking for a cheap source .

oh youre using pleather for the kidney belt. are you reinforcing it with anything? im using those thin foam sheets. and pleather. it seems to work quite well. do you plan on adding the embroidery details to it also?

that's what i'm using aswell to make the pleather stronger . craft Foam . also get and look for a leather adhesive.
bonds real hard and yet strengthen's .

I also detailed the pleather using a sharp ended knife and heating the end with a candle . then stab down onto the pleather and make a like look of stitching.

but atm i'm sewing my vest/drape together so gunlet and kindnet belt will be next , then the Hood and last the boots.

good idea about the velco , i was going to use it also to attach the hood on aswell .

as some know, cotton can't stretch .

only thing left is to make some templates on the hood , and finding cheap buckle straps.

I think you should amputate your ring finger. Gives that added touch. :p

That blade thingy is sweet, might consider making this after my iron man costume.

Hey I'm also making an Altair costume that's how I found this site I'm using the same techniques as you actually heres my progress.

beltthreestages.jpg

Beltalmostfinished.jpg

Photo-0195.jpg

should completely finish the belt this weekend and maybe the right gauntlet

98% done the right gauntlet Completely made the straps because couldn't find any for cheap. The only i could find were 8 bucks or more. They were the closest I could find. just need to add some small details

rgauntletfinished.jpg

here's it laid out and you can partially see my little helper my daughter kayla

rgaunletfinished2.jpg

Question?

What is the easiest cheapest way to create the prop sword from altairs back I don't need it to be functional in any way just a look alike that can come out of the sheath

32spartan11 said:
Hey I'm also making an Altair costume that's how I found this site I'm using the same techniques as you actually heres my progress.

beltthreestages.jpg

Beltalmostfinished.jpg

Photo-0195.jpg

should completely finish the belt this weekend and maybe the right gauntlet

Did you make that belt out of craft foam?

Last edited by a moderator:
JSwift said:
Did you make that belt out of craft foam?

Yes the gauntlet also, I have no idea how to do leather work, so i got this idea from a you tube video. It's all done with craft foam and fake leather material (pleather most people call it)

As for the "stitche" design it's not stitches at all but i took the back of an old unused kitchen knife heated uo for 13-15 seconds on my counter top stove and burnt the design into the material and touched it up with a sharpie if I burnt too far

Actually extremely easy and looks fine by my standards just have to cut it correctly and have a steady hand helps that I also do sketch work

Last edited by a moderator:
damn that belt looks tasty .

also craft foam , gotta love it .

also I've been to busy to continue my work on it lately ^^;

but I'll show you my gauntlet blade

only need to make the rest of the gut belt and hood and oil paint the marking around his arm , plus the gauntlet crests.

DSC00293.jpg

DSC00292.jpg

well i didn't make it i modified it from a item i got from eBay.

Wu-tai collapsible training sword . got it for £12 , unscrewed the hilt and kept 3 parts of the extending blade.

then i clamped the back of the blades so they don't fall out and can create a locking system that way .

i held the rings on there with liquid steel you can get in a hardware shop or Halfords.

I'll find the name for it later.

Gauntlet looks great Night Star. did you see the youtube video for the blade? That's where I've gotten a lot of ideas. Also what kind of buckles did you use it was a huge pain to find cheap buckles the cheapest i could find were watch straps for 8 US dollars which was just too much the whole costume needs like 13 at least i wasn't paying that.

I created mine using vest buckles for like suits or tuxedos they were like $1.39 for a pair at Jo Anne's Fabrics cheapest buckles I could find though I had to make the straps wasn't hard they're just nor durable using the pleather.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back