Assassins Creed Weapon Schematic Compliation And Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the result of literally 7 months of brainstorming and dead ends.

I've made mock versions, and they work but I haven't made this one below.

Please Enjoy, and Please Post Comments on what you think.

HiddenBladeIdeaV4.jpg

Only thing that I can think of is that you would need an extra strong spring for the extending portion as it is fighting against 2 other springs for both portions of the blade.

Very nice! I ironically just started working on my own hidden blade. :lol I have to admit, yours will be much cleaner and a lot more low profile! :) Also, you could also attach a little ".22 Pepperbox" on the end of the blade for when the next Sherlock Holmes comes out. :lol

Do you plan to use a drawer slide as the base?

Cheers!

Very nice, might need a bit more detail as to what parts are where though (on the blueprint). The design looks really good. :)

If I may ask, how well do the prototypes work?

Only thing that I can think of is that you would need an extra strong spring for the extending portion as it is fighting against 2 other springs for both portions of the blade.

It is held in by the forward catch, so there is no need for an extra strong spring, perhaps a slightly stronger spring, but not a extra strong one.

Do you plan to use a drawer slide as the base?

most likely, a very small one

If I may ask, how well do the prototypes work?

they work very nicely. the forward "rocking" and backward "rocking" auto retracting and extending prototype works, and the string extender for the blade and scabbard work very nicely, the only thing to do is to put them together. Common sense tells me that it will work. Obviously it will not be perfect, but It'll get the ball rolling.

So, I'm assuming the scissor jack was a dead end?

@Wtfmfkr

I think, in theory, if the two springs are equal in length and strength, their forces should cancel out dead even. So if it's just two springs, one on a side, and the other spring on the opposite, they should retract and extend equal lengths into the catches.

However, if one side has a greater length than the other, the springs would need to be proportionally strong to retract, and that's where things get hairy.

So do you have prototypes of this model? Or just the old ones?

Icon

Posted Yesterday, 10:27 PM

So, I'm assuming the scissor jack was a dead end?

Yes, unfortunately

@Wtfmfkr

I think, in theory, if the two springs are equal in length and strength, their forces should cancel out dead even. So if it's just two springs, one on a side, and the other spring on the opposite, they should retract and extend equal lengths into the catches.

However, if one side has a greater length than the other, the springs would need to be proportionally strong to retract, and that's where things get hairy.

Yes, Exactly, this video will explain some

So do you have prototypes of this model? Or just the old ones?

I have only the old ones, I'm a Junior in High School so I have access to a machine shop, but as the year is drawing to a close I will have to wait until my senior year. As it will almost definitely take a little more then 2 weeks to make, Juggling my actual machining work with my personal projects. That is when I will hopefully be able to make a fully working prototype.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, Exactly, this video will explain some

That is very interesting indeed. It only has one spring... Ok, so basically in this vid, the blade is locked closed, and hooked to the back end of the slide spring. When the button is pressed, the lock is released, and a small amount of pull from the spring flicks the knife forward, locking it open, and also reattaching the blade to the front of the slide spring. A pertinent question would be, how does the blade spontaneously switch it's attachment from one end of the spring to another?

Crap, you know what I just realized from re-reading my post? I just unknowingly exposed a flaw in the design of a two spring mechanism. :unsure If the two springs are equally strong, when one spring releases, the other spring is not going to over-stretch the released one. They're both going to meet in the middle at their equilibrium (where they're both exterting an equal pull on each other). Does that make sense?

Edit: I'm a high school junior too. ;) You've got a serious advantage having a machine shop at your disposal.

That is very interesting indeed. It only has one spring... Ok, so basically in this vid, the blade is locked closed, and hooked to the back end of the slide spring. When the button is pressed, the lock is released, and a small amount of pull from the spring flicks the knife forward, locking it open, and also reattaching the blade to the front of the slide spring. A pertinent question would be, how does the blade spontaneously switch it's attachment from one end of the spring to another?

Yes I do not fully grasp the complexities of a DA OTF knife, but perhaps someone on this forum will be willing to clarify. (In case you know the Sinza Website, it's member registry is messed up so I cannot create an account.)

Crap, you know what I just realized from re-reading my post? I just unknowingly exposed a flaw in the design of a two spring mechanism. :unsure If the two springs are equally strong, when one spring releases, the other spring is not going to over-stretch the released one. They're both going to meet in the middle at their equilibrium (where they're both exterting an equal pull on each other). Does that make sense?

somewhat...please elaborate

Edit: I'm a high school junior too. ;) You've got a serious advantage having a machine shop at your disposal.

I know, its quite a good gig down here in Illinois

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back