Assault Rifle Knockoff!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spartan 061

pTRU1-4827313dt.jpg

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3136691

And only 14.99. What a steal!

WTF?!? thats so rediculously close...when I first opened the topic I expected it to be like somewhat if you kinda squinted or something...but thats really close and as stated above it needs to be a bit longer then it would look real

Wow, that actually looks pretty cool. But the whole "True Hero Plasma Gun"? I mean common, might as well just put a sticker on that thing that says "Not copying Halo." But still, pretty cool.

could be modded, but honestly the style fits halo well enough that I'd repaint it a bit and probably say it was a SMG manufactured by the same people who made the MA5B.. Somehow I don't think the halo universe would really be limited to the few in game weaps, so this looks like a good prop to me, good find!

lol thats so similar its kind of scary, and the recommended age is 5-9.

parents better know its a M-rated game they copied off of before they buy this

volkov said:
could be modded, but honestly the style fits halo well enough that I'd repaint it a bit and probably say it was a SMG manufactured by the same people who made the MA5B.. Somehow I don't think the halo universe would really be limited to the few in game weaps, so this looks like a good prop to me, good find!

If I remember correctly in one of the halo books, the Ma5k was kinda like this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Went to Toys r us for a completely different reason ( My mom needed to buy a baby toy for one of her friends babies) Went in, and I saw it. It looks pretty coll, actually. Id say its a little short, but the details are there. The hole in the handle is a little big, but still looks good. I didnt buy it ( Cmon, buying a True heroes toy gun for ages 5-9 in front of youre mom?), but I think with some paint, and removing the bad barrel, it would look good.

Not at all.

MA5K.JPG

Thats the MA5K.

HOLY CRAP! I could buy that and say I made it and show it off to 405th and... I mean, HOLY CRAP! That has got to be the Dumbest toy everywhere *Shuts off computer and buys one, re-paint it and call it my own* .

Lol, but really,

HOLY CRAP! That has got to be bad for toys r us if microsoft get's a hold of them...

M$ won't do anything. This happens all the time. Change it up a little, slap a new name on it and your golden. Look at all the pirate stuff out there that looks amazingly similar to POTC. Plus Power Rangers.

freakazoid said:
The K is totally different, it's the wapon in ghosts of onyx cover.
But still, i mean CMON! Video games are rated M for mature, while kids buy replica weapons..

But i bet, if Bungie or microsoft will ever start to make their own retail versions of the ma5, i bet Toys'r'US is going to sue bungie, for copyright infrigiment xD

-FSS

If Bungie and M$ do start selling replicas, I wish Toys R Us good luck with a lawsuit! It would never happen since they took the look from Halo already. I see these things all the time in the store. Hopefully if B & M$ ever do sell replicas, they will be completely accurate and not decide to use Rubies armor as a base for what the fans really want.

It fits quite well with the galactic warriors Master Chief suit that showed up a while back. The combo would let loose thousands of mini-knock-off Chiefs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back