Vote Here

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

timecon

after careful consideration, and having half my friends and family sit down and decide these are the Top three, by no means are these put in any order, I'll give the members a week to vote on them with the poll above, good luck and here they are:

1. short story by twisting_Neather

Running though the snow, his leg left a scarlet trail behind him. Privet Durmen called desperately again over his radio, coughing out his plea for help.
“This is Delta 34! I’m under heavy fire! Requesting immediate assistance!” His appeal met only with static. His hope disintegrated as he heard the sound of alien feet in snow as they closed in. Again he tried the radio, praying that the signal would get though.
“Can anybody read me?” The static broke into the calm voice of a woman, “Delta 34 this is Pelican Bravo 159er what is your location?” He ducked behind a fallen tree as plasma fire struck against the bark. Thankfully the cold and damp wood was enough to dissipate the destructive force. The steam rising onto the air hid him as he crawled further from the enemy.
“I’m two Ks south of the device. Help please, they’ve killed everyone else.” His voice cracked, “You can’t leave me out here!”
“Delta 34 support is on the way. ETA 5 minute, keep your head down.”
Shivering from shock and pain he crawled between two large stones, pushed out the snow behind him allowing for a quick retreat.
The mechanical breathing sounds of grunts closed to his hiding place and he reloaded his weapon without thought. His numb hands performing this familiar action helped clear his head. He raised his MA5B up aiming out, waiting for the head of an unlucky grunt to walk into view. His patience was rewarded, and with a few quick rounds he downed the grunt, and pushed himself out of the gap.
The squeals and yelps of the frightened grunts, urged him on and he stumbled again, heading farther south as he withdrew from the hunting party. Plasma arced over his head and he ducked behind the nearest tree, the heat of the shots blistering his face. Thinking that his time on this forsaken planet was up, he griped his rifle and gritted his teeth in an effort to stop the trembling in his limbs.
As he stood stealing himself, he heard the sound of a warthog’s engine roaring though the snowy waste. Shocked he froze, listening to the sound of the bullets of the M41 Anti-Aircraft Gun as they tore into the bodies of the grunts.
Daring to look around the tree he saw the iridescent blue fire of a plasma grenade sail through the air. His hopes fell as the debris from the Warthog, rained down to the earth; there was a burned smell of flesh in the air. He limped through the snow, nauseated by the gore splattered about him. He stooped to pick op a burned helmet, and heard movement behind him. He rolled and faced the sound ready to fire at any remaining Covenant.
The imposing form of the Spartan, his armor so badly charred and splattered with the gore of aliens that he couldn’t begin to guess at its original color, stood in the snow. Privet Durmen stared in awe at the stalwart figure, his mouth open and managed to stammer a few words.
“I didn’t think they would send a Spartan…”
Spartan-018 interrupted him, his voice coming out harsh as it emerged from a damaged speaker on his helmet. “E-vac is on the way. We’re to recover the device before pickup.” The marine’s wounded leg began to shake with the strain of standing. The Spartan looked down at the burned flesh. “Can you walk?”The crackle of static made it difficult to understand his words.
“Not far, but I can’t think of another way to get out of here, especially with that wreck you were driving.” He nodded at a tire that had rolled nearby. The Spartan nods and opened a med pack, kneeling he sprayed the wound and wrapped it tight. Calling over the radio the Spartan’s voice was a deep bass, clear and commanding, “Pelican Bravo 159er, this is Sierra018, the warthog is down, we’re proceeding to the objective on foot. “
“I’ll pick you boys up when you’re done with your fun.”
Turning to the north, Spartan-018 broke into a jog, his weapon slung over his back. Durmen grimaced at the pain but pushed to keep up with the unyielding pace of the Spartan. They ran is silence for nearly fifteen minutes before they met any Covenant. The Spartan didn’t even slow as he quickly dispatched the sentries.
They stopped behind a large drift, Durmen panting, trying to catch his breath, his leg throbbed painfully. As he crawled up to get a clear view of the area, he ducked back down as a volley of blue-green plasma burned though the air. The Spartan stood his shields flashing with the impact of plasma, and fired his rifle.
Emboldened, Durmen again raised his head, this time he brought his rifle with it and he fired. Their bullets ripped into the soft alien flesh, shattered through the breath masks of Grunts, and sent blood flying onto the air. He ducked down and reloaded as the Spartan reached at something on his hip. When he brought his gun up again, he saw that the Spartan had tossed a grenade into the middle of the clearing. It spat out a thick white smoke that filled the hollow in seconds. They ran, using the gas as cover, quickly closing on the entrenched enemies.
When the smoke cleared the marine stood leaning heavily on the trunk of a tree, his face smeared with blue-purple blood. He looked to see the Spartan pulling the Covenant message pod out of the snow. The engines of a Pelican roared overhead. Tree limbs broke under the armor plating as it lowered itself into the clearing. Spartan-018 reached out and grabbed Durmen’s hand pulling him up into the open Pelican. As it rose, the Spartan stood inside the back holding on to a handle and watched as one of the planet’s twin suns dropped down below the tree line. Two words crackled out into the darkening world, “Mission accomplished.”

2. picture by Chris D. halloween

chrisdealhaloweenfinal.jpg

3. picture by Kensai111
do not repost without his permission
helljumper-wp.jpg

I'm doing this contest to give Back to all the people on the 405th that helped answer many questions during my armor building, I realize that this AR is not the best out there but many of my friends and local people have enjoyed them and I think you will too. I would also like to thank Skullcandygirl in her support of the contest. now please read through all the requirments and Rules they were carfully thought out this last week by me and a few other friends. Enjoy and good luck.

Assault your inner chief Contest
THE PRIZE:
A timecon Assault rifle see pic below:

costumeandprops103-1.jpg

Requirements to enter:
Sumbit a video, Picture, or short story that has something with the halo universe:

Video or Picture: you can sent a link to the site it has been posted to or sent directly
Short Story: 1000 words or less

You will send all entries to tim405th@yahoo.com
and reply on the topic that you submited it

Best entry wins

Note: It must be your original work, cutting clips from other movies, video games including halo, tv, or photos of others armor will be disqualified

Rules:
One entry per person (even mods can enter)
have to be at least 18 since it is a prop weapon, Winner will be required to verify age

THE 18 RULE STANDS PLEASE STOP PM ME TO APPROVE IT.
"if"......I do another contest I may do a piece of armor there wont be a 18 rule. I have good reasons for this rule

Shipping in the US only! Will ship UPS
May be required to cover shipping cost depending on how much it will cost I will cover anything 20$ and below
shipping cost will be calculated when winner is chosen
submission due Nov, 10 12:00am
the best 3 will be posted on this thread and the 405th members will vote for them. I'll put a pull up everyone has a week to vote after the 10th

also it was suggested that only members that joined on a certain time could submit work though some of you may like that I believe that even though you may be a noob to the forums doesn't mean that your talentless anyone may enter the contest regardless of when you joined, members however will decide on the best entry

Good luck and thanks for the suggestions

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice of you timecon. Guess my stick figure MC won't cut it huh? Oh well. Good luck to everyone that enters.

tlither said:
Very nice of you timecon. Guess my stick figure MC won't cut it huh? Oh well. Good luck to everyone that enters.

is it a sculture? send it to me I'll let you know

Doom said:
Pinned, I'll see if I can find some otherways to spread it around the forum ;).

-Doom

Thanks Doom! you rock and entries have to be in by Nov 15 at 12:00am

paying for shipping on the ars is better than paying the full price of one...its well worth it buddy

ultrakiller said:
wait a little.If I'm winning,it means that is a 50% prob to pay for the ship?no thnx

Sorry Ultra, I do believe under the Rules it said shipping in the US only :/

Aww.. Shipping to US only, and im not even 18 yet!
(allthough, the Finnish law isnt againsts the prop weapons, as proven by the 2 school shootouts in the past year =/ )

But hey! Can i still enter knowing that i cant win the price?

-FSS

wow that's very nice of you Timecon!
The ARs look awesome too! I'll see what I can enter, I don't have anything too special though.

Thanks for the contest and goodluck to everyone that enters!

Uuuhh, what if I have my dad verify his age...or enter or something...?

I built a sniper rifle, so it's not like the "weapon thing" is a problem...

SniperMaster11 said:
if were not 18 can our parent/guardian "claim" it for us?
Yes, my point also. Those Ar look amazing...I would treasure it forever... *tear*

*sniff*

SniperMaster11 said:
if were not 18 can our parent/guardian "claim" it for us?

There are some problems with that, however those of you that are under 18 if you can come up with a way that I can verify that your parents are ok with it, and that there directly involved I'll consider it, but trust me I thought this out. please pm me with your solutions and I try to accommodate you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back