At wits end on trying to get proper measurements

Status
Not open for further replies.

noobtastic19

I've done everything I can possibly think of including Halo Goddesss Measuring sheet but every time I try to craft the edited pep file it's either way to small or way to big. Is there anything like a formula to use to get the exact scaling I need it to be? As I said I have tried everything I can think of. Is there something I'm doing wrong because I've tried making this helmet for 3 days now doing length, width, and depth and I've gotten no where. Any ideas?

Before we begin, it'll probably help a lot if we knew which file you were trying to scale up, and your rough age. From there we'd be more able to give you some advice.

From personal experience Halo Goddess' method is nothing more then a swing into the ball park. It gets you close enough to scale more precisely. When I started using the method I was also surprised at how over sized the models ended up. So I just changed the measurements until I ended up with something closer. Trust me your not doing anything wrong, you just need to keep changing the measurements until it fits better. Also, stick to just plane printer paper while you experiment

I figured it out I ended up finding a more mathematical approach to it made by xtremetactics101. ( hope I'm getting it right ) I followed that and the base actually ended up fitting it's awesome. They said you can use it for any of the armor pieces for any model and it will work. For now I just ended up doing the warrior helmet because I don't see many of those out there and I like to be unique. My suit is 100% unique using prefect models from the waist down and the venator chest piece with odst arms and shoulders with the warrior helmet :)

I figured it out I ended up finding a more mathematical approach to it made by xtremetactics101. ( hope I'm getting it right ) I followed that and the base actually ended up fitting it's awesome. They said you can use it for any of the armor pieces for any model and it will work. For now I just ended up doing the warrior helmet because I don't see many of those out there and I like to be unique. My suit is 100% unique using prefect models from the waist down and the venator chest piece with odst arms and shoulders with the warrior helmet :)

Interesting combo but it should look bad-ass in the end. Once you have your measurements, keep them for future reference.....unless you are still growing that is......

Don't forget about the Measuring Tool device so that you can see what different parts are going to be before you print them like arm openings and whatnot. I like Xtreme's methods better too, but it doesn't always work. You do have to think things through... like do I need a 9" wide opening for my head? unlikely. Good luck my friend.

Interesting combo but it should look bad-ass in the end. Once you have your measurements, keep them for future reference.....unless you are still growing that is......

Seconded. Losing your measurements and scaling info halfway through is enough to make you cry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back