Athena's Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

ForgedReclaimer

Well, for the past few months iv been working hard to learn just about everything i need from video editing, audio editing, 3D, drawing, etc. And my next experience is writing, more specifically the Scifi genre. I'm not a writer, hell i can barely speak my own language... kidding. But i plan to make a story project for the direct purpose of learning what i need to. And this is the first page of a story i'm working on called Athena's Luck, much like a Halo/Serenity/Star Trek, mixture... you get the point.

So what better place to get peoples opinions than one of biggest scifi junky collectives i know. Go easy, i don't even read books that often let alone ever write one. This is almost a first for me.

System Date: 6713-14-6, 0600 HOURS
Ouroboros System: Delta Sector
U.A.N corvette Athena's Luck on patrol for Hyperion Collective activity in controlled territory.

Sounds of a morning alarm rang through the captains quarters, ceiling lights and lamps slowly brightened to fill the room with light in an attempt to wake the man. "Captain, The time is 0600-hours, you are required on the bridge in 60 minutes" A female voice echoed through the rooms speakers. It was Athena's AI, Sandra, a series fourteen AI who was transferred to Athena's Luck after she was replaced on another vessel. Owen reached out to his bed-side table where a small translucent monitor sat propped up on a mug, he tapped the screen to shut off the alarm and sat up in his bed rubbing his eyes "Thanks for the wake up Sandra, but you know I sleep in until 6:30... Sandra?" The AI didn't respond "Looks like its going to be one of those days" He pulled off the blankets and stood up off the bed, the chilled air of the small grey room sent a quick shiver up his spine. "Sandra, where's the heat?" still no response from the AI. He stumbled over to the washroom, the lights flicked on as he entered, sensing his presence. Turning on the taps, he splashed frigid water on his face in a futile attempt to wake up, to no surprise the myth never worked. Wiping the water from his face he stared back at himself in the mirror with his steel gray eyes, he needed a shave. Owen was a tall man in his late twenties, hardly the captain type. His hair was short and jet black, oddly within U.A.N standards considering he never bothered much with the regulations. He was well built for a captain but he always thought he could exercise more.

After changing into a clean duty uniform, he stepped out into the hall. Athena's corridors where dim, very dim. It wasn't normal for the low level lights to be running for day shift. He could barely see the pipes running the length of the corridor, or the steel plate walls lined with status screens and censors. "Sandra, what in the hell is going on, if I wanted to be in the dark I would've jumped out the airlock" He was only joking but the AI's actions where starting to get on his nerves nevertheless. As soon as he finished his statement a female figure appeared standing to face him, it was a glowing entity of light. The woman was dressed in dark grey U.A.N cargo pants and boots as if she was an engineer. She had a tool belt slung around her waist with a drop down thigh holster attached, firmly holding to an MA4 service pistol. Her two tone white and deep blue tank top was the only other thing she wore. Her short hair faded from its deep black to a bright blue at the tips. And her eyes where like bright blue crystals in a daytime sun. Sandra choose her looks herself, a rare privilege in the navy. She illuminated the walls around her as she gave Owen an unimpressed stare. And with a sudden snap of her finger the lights flickered to life and the corridors of Athena came to life. And just as fast as she appeared, she was gone. Owen stood momentarily by his door in puzzlement of the AI's actions, he knew she was temperamental but this seemed to be a particularly bad day. He continued off down the corridor, corner by corner, hatchway by hatchway, on his way to the bridge when he found the root of the problem with the AI. The door to the galley was busted clean off its rails with the glass pains shattered over the halls floor. To Sandra, battle damage was one thing but damage from the crews late night drinking games was another thing entirely, she was extremely protective of herself… the ship. He surveyed the damage, knowing only one person aboard could cause this damage. "Ill get a crew to fix this, Sandra. Can you please be a little more responsible now" He called out to her. "If I'm not mistaken, you and the other fools told me they would be responsible last night, and now look at my galley, you shouldn't have left early." her disembodied voice replied though the speakers. "It was just a party, we can fix it. How about I get the engines sonic scrubbed next time we hit port? I know how long you've been waiting for it." he waited for a response. After a few moments her hologram re-appeared inside the galley sitting on the edge of a table, her arms crossed as she gave him a long thoughtful stare. Time passed, moments felt like forever as they where locked in on each other. She leapt of the table, her hands resting on her hips "You know I can't pass that up, were even for now… Captain" she had a big grin on her face as she stepped around the broken door and shards of glass as if she could interact with them. He was relieved to finally have his AI back, Owen gestured up the corridor, they where waiting on the bridge for him. He started down the hallway once again, Sandra walking unnecessarily by his side humming with happiness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back