Attack Of The Sticky's In The Pepakura And Cardboard Armor Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roadwarrior

I would like a new place for most of the sticky's to move out of said sub-forum they're taking up half of the main page. What ever happened to the tutorial sub-forum that we where supposed to get?

Soon they will take up the whole front page,(Ohh Noooh!) And we can't let the sticky scum advance on our topic's border's anymore I say we fight back by....EHmm srry bout that, heh, but on a more serious note, it is getting to be a slight annoyance And I would like it resolved.

I think they should revise over the stickys and choose to delete some of them that have been replaced by new improved, easier and non stickyfied topic.There are alot of uneeded stickys there.

I agree, I've compiled a list of the Stickies in the forum and think that the whole area can be condensed into three of four threads. And maybe even have a section for General Armor construction (a place where the fiberglass, bondo, SmoothOn, visor, strapping and painting stuff can go.)

These could be condensed into a General Overview of Pepakura:

Sticky: The Ultimate Pepakura FAQ

Read this before starting a help thread!

Sticky: Tutorial: Pepakura building for dummies (or noobs)

Trying to continue the frizzlefry tutorial

Sticky: Tutorial: How to use Pepakura to make your Mjolnir Armor

Sticky: A Grunt's Guide To Pepakura

Visual Quickstart to Pepakura Viewer/Designer here! Pic heavy!

These could be condensed into a single thread:

Sticky: Halo 3 Pepakura Download Hub!

Sticky: 405Th.com Pepakura Hub - Live!

Sticky: The Pep Index (wiki)

I would leave these as they are because I see these questions pop up a lot on the forums and even though they are posted in most tutorials pulling them out might give them more exposure.

Sticky: Official pepakura scaling thread

Sticky: Tutorial: How To Make Good Folds For Pepakura Armor

**UPDATED AS OF 1/13/09**

Sticky: Paper Weights: Lb To Gsm Conversions

These need their own sub-forum in the Creation Forum:

Sticky: Resining & Fibre Glassing Tutorial/How To

**Fibre glassing on page 4

Sticky: Pepakura Fiberglass and Smoothing Tutorial

Sticky: Wiring LED TO helmet

Sticky: Tutorial: Make & Paint Your Own See-through Visor

Paint any visor TUT / Make visor from chem mask TUT

Sticky: Extra Tricks For Smoothing And Detailing

New tut I've been meaning to post

Sticky: Tutorial: Using Bondo for Detailing

Sticky: The Complete Respirator And Safety Guide

Overview of hazardous materials and safety precautions

Sticky: TUTORIAL: The Totally Offical "Hot glue Method" Method.

Method for solidifying Pepakura Armor Pieces.

Sticky: Muddy Secrets Tutorial

Pepakura Smoothing with rondo

That's my thoughts, :)

Last edited by a moderator:
i posted this issue a long time ago, they'll fix it when they think it needs to be fixed

Thanks for the suggestions guys, and I agree. I'll look into this, maybe this is something that can be solved simply without too much debate and mucking about. I have some time I can put into this tomorrow evening. I'll try to keep it free.

Sean Bradley said:
Thanks for the suggestions guys, and I agree. I'll look into this, maybe this is something that can be solved simply without too much debate and mucking about. I have some time I can put into this tomorrow evening. I'll try to keep it free.

Thanks, yay tutorial section :lol

rvb18 said:
BTW can you show us how to do that kick ass visor light setup?

Already done.. the thread is in the Armor videos section

Ugh, today is flying by and I've barely started anything... I'll at least get something done late tonight if all goes well.

Sean. Recently, ive got the idea that i could make a visor by fiberglassing a pep visor for my security helmet. Then, i could heat some plexiglass (Ive been told of your great works of vacumforming) And push it over the visor. Do you think this is a good idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back